Author Topic: WHATS GOING ON????  (Read 2564 times)

sues1953

WHATS GOING ON????
« on: February 14, 2010, 02:05:15 pm »
I have been having a weird feeling in my  head for a few days now.  It's kinda like a headache, but not, kinda like dizzy, but not.  Meds don't help and it's worse when I go outside the house.  I feel OK to drive but bumps in the road make my head feel really weird.

I came down with a cold a couple of days ago and have a lot of congestion and I'm wondering if that could be the cause.  Although I have had lots of colds in the past and never had this feeling. :)  I am really hoping this goes away it is bothersome to say the least.  I have never been one to have headaches but Dr. Slattery from House Ear Clinic did specifically ask me if I suffered from headaches.

Has anyone else had this?  Do you think it's the tumor?

I can't wait to get this thing out!

Sue from Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

kiwi

• Facebook
Re: WHATS GOING ON????
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:26:56 pm »
Hi Sue

I get that too, I cannot drive now as I cannot focus because of the bumps in the road.  I feel it gets worse when I go out as I start looking around at things and it makes me feel ill.  I think its the tumour (actually everthing is the tumour's fault now).  I cannot wait to have mine out too.
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:09:14 pm »
Hey Guys!!   Read this:

http://www.hearinglosshelp.com/articles/balancesystem.htm

It's your balance system!!  It's amazing what all it can affect.

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

sues1953

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 04:40:05 pm »
Hello Sue

Thanks so much for posting that great article, it really does explain a lot.  I guess it isn't my cold causing this.

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

DHJ

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 07:11:45 pm »
Hi Sue    When i have a cold or flu my AN symptons are more noticable. During a bout of Swine Flu this winter I became very congested and had some difficulty getting around. When the congestion finally cleared weeks later my balance returned to my new normal. I think the congestion further compromised my already damaged vestibular function confusing my brain. Hope you improve also.    peace Dave
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear