Author Topic: Prayers needed  (Read 13819 times)

Kiwi Don

Re: Prayers needed
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 05:15:07 pm »
Brenda

Added prayers from afar

Don
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

faith42

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 06:41:43 pm »
BRENDA,

THANX FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO STRETCH FORTH MY HAND AND MY FAITH! WHERE TWO OR THREE ARE GATHERED  AND IN AGREEMENT AND BELEIVE HE SAID LET IT BE DONE!!! SO BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED AND WE ALL AGREE AND BELEIVE, AND HE SAID "MY WORD DOESN'T RETURN VOID"  SO I KNOW HE WILL BE ALRIGHT!!!! NOW WE JUST THANK HIM IN ADVANCE!!!  ;)

TAMMI

translab right side- ssd-facial paralysis- dr's Reid Thompson and David Haynes in Nashville, Tn. 18 hr surgery mrsa staff infection 3 different occasions the first year! doing great!

Keri

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 02:35:42 pm »
Hi Brenda,
I'm so sorry all that you and your family (including your close friend that's like family) is going through. I will pray too.
I hope you will have the Lord's strength and hope in this really difficult time.
Is there any new news on Chris?

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 04:36:35 pm »
Brenda, what a hard week this has been for you and those close to you.

We will pray for Chris and Sheryl.  Hopefully the swelling will go down so that they can operate quickly.

Our thoughts and prayers will be for you, and your loved ones also.

Remember to take care of your self too on this rough road.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 07:39:51 pm »
Update on Chris.  He has been transferred to St Lukes Hospital, KC.  He will be having  as the doctors put it "very risky, but necessary surgery on Monday morning.   I believe in miracles (look at all of us!) and Chris and Sheryl really need one.
Today, my oldest daughter borrowed my car to go pick her 16 year old up from school.  On her way back to our office (hubby started his own a/c, insulation, radiant barrier business after being fired from his job because he was out with sky high glucose count).  The roads were slippery and a Ford350 hauling a sixteen ft trailer full of much tried to pass her on the passenger side (two lane road here) and totaled my car.  Fortunately both gals were checked out at the hospital because of hitting their heads on the windows and both are okay.  Can't say much for the car.  Was very glad they were in a Volkswagon, one tough car.  Waiting to see if the unlicensed driver had insurance on the truck he didn't own.  Who lets a kid drive a commercial vehicle??  I want this month to be over.  Actually the whole year, and I am not usually like that.
Brenda, a bit frazzled
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »
Brenda~
Here's hoping and praying that all are healed & that your days get MUCH better!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 07:57:21 pm »
Oh Brenda .....

Life can be so unfair sometimes ...... sure am glad your gals are both OK!  Cars can be replaced!

Prayers being said for you and your family, as well as for successful surgery for Chris on Monday.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 08:03:11 pm »
Brenda ~

Thanks for the update on Chris and my prayers are with him as he faces the surgery.  I was shocked to read about the accident caused by an unlicensed teen-aged operator but relieved to learn that your daughter and granddaughter were basically unharmed.  

Today's cars are so much safer than those of old.  A few months after my AN surgery (June, 2006) a young acquaintance of ours was driving our 2005 Honda Civic because he was a student at a trade school, learning to be an auto mechanic and was going to give the car a free oil change as part of his training.  Long story short: he was speeding and was hit by a Ford pickup.  The Honda (with 18,000 miles on the odometer) was totaled but our young friend was basically unharmed, as was the driver of the pickup.  Thank goodness, they don't make 'em like they used to!

Anyway, I hope the pickup truck's owner was insured and I can understand why you want the month to be over, and it will be, soon.  Here's to better days!  :)

Jim
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:06:26 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Brendalu

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 07:11:53 am »
Thank you all for the prayers.  I know Sheryl and Chris need them.
Jim, no they don't make cars the way they used to, but fortunately our 2007 VW Jetta, is an exception to that rule.  The Ford truck was driveable, but limping badly.  David drove the Jetta out of the ditch it was forced into and the passenger side is totally crush, but the seat wear Paxton was sitting is in perfect condition and it had side air bags.  Because it has a unibody construction it isn't repairable, but the only injury was because the truck hit the side of the car so hard it knocked my grand daughter against the window in a "bounce" and she hit her head.  It is very sore, but as she put it, "not as bad as yours was, Diya, after your AN, surgery."  She won't dance with the high school dance team at the playoff game today, but will wear her uniform proudly as she cheers the team on.
Hugs to all,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

texsooner

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 07:25:28 am »
Brenda, prayers to you and your family....surely the coming days will be much better.  It's great that your grand daughter will be able to make the playoff game. I'm always a little nervous when my kids venture out on the freeways around here. I know they're good drivers, but many out there are not. Be careful out there as it's another rainy start to the day in the Houston area.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 08:55:31 am »
Sweet Brendalu,

You have certainly had enough drama this month.  I'm praying that things will settle for you and that all your loved ones will be alright.  Try not to stress yourself out too much, I know it brings on the brainwrecks.  Hot baths and relaxation and that's an order!  Take care of yourself.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

wendysig

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 11:17:42 am »
Brenda,

Sorry I somehow missed your other posts.  You and your family definitely are due for some better luck.  I'm glad your daughter and granddaughter are okay and continue to pray for Chris.  I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend's nephew, tha'st just to very sad and tragic -- he and his family are also in my prayers.  Stay strong,

Hugs,,
Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Brendalu

Re: Prayers needed---UPDATE
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 04:51:02 pm »
Update on Chris.  He has been in surgery for about 9 hours.  His vitals have stayed in check and they replaced a vein in his brain with one from his leg.  He is supposed to be in surgery for another hour.  We are praying and praying.
Thank you all for all of your prayers,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 06:51:25 pm »
Brenda,

Add my prayers for you and your loved ones!  This has been a tough time for you, and I hope the coming days have a lot more good news in them!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 10:30:26 pm »
Brenda -

just read this.  I'm so sorry for all the "things" in your life right now.

Prayers all around.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways