Author Topic: right brain, left brain?  (Read 2515 times)

julieanna

right brain, left brain?
« on: October 05, 2010, 05:37:07 pm »
Hi-I don't know if I am posting in the right place or not, but I had surgery on May 14 and can surely relate to most people on this site, and it surely helps to have other people describe some of the thing I thought I was alone in feeling.

I don't know if it just an accident, or if it has anything to do with surgery, but I was looking at the test (the spinning ballet dancer) to determine right or left brain, and discovered that if I hold my head straight I see her spinning one way, and if I tilt it sideways, she spins the opposite way.  I  find this really fascinating, as I used to do a lot of art work.  If anyone is interested I can post a link, or just Google a right/left brain search and I think you will find it.

Let me know if it works the same for you.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: right brain, left brain?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:24:12 pm »
Ooooh, that was kind of fun.  Initially the dancer was turning clockwise for me.  I looked away and looked back and she was turning counter clockwise, but within a few seconds she went back to clockwise.  Does that mean I have a split personality???   ::)

Not to steal it from you Julieanna, but the link is:  http://www.perthnow.com.au/fun-games/left-brain-vs-right-brain/story-e6frg46u-1111114517613

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 04:34:01 am »
Really interesting....prior to my surgery, I was always right brain..........this test it is nothing but left brain and I have never been logical in my life!!  I'm just very happy to have a brain!!!  That was fun...thank you for sharing!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

cin605

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:01:55 pm »
Wow.....When i first looked she was going clockwise....but...if i blocked my left ear which is my good ear ...she shanged directions and everytime i unblocked it she would go back to clockwise...hmm
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 02:44:53 pm »
I couldn't resist and took the 'test'.  I could not see the silhouetted dancer as turning anything but clockwise.  This result is supposed to determine that my 'right brain' dominates  The problem is that every other 'left brain-right brain' test I've taken always tells me I'm 'left brained'.  Go figure.  Right now, my left brain is telling me that these tests are over-generalized but fun to take, all the same.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 10:03:57 am »
Cool, mostly counter clockwise, but when I tilt my head she changes to clockwise...
Thanks for sharing,
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt