Author Topic: one day at a time.  (Read 2066 times)

stevecms

one day at a time.
« on: December 15, 2009, 05:14:14 pm »
Hi guys,just a quick update 3 mths on.saw doc yesterday seems pleased with progress.have a scan in april,hopefully no re growth.3 months ago was scared stiff,thought it was all over,but thanks to mr walsh@team i feel ive been given another chance.thank you all on this site for all your kind words and support.merry christmas x :)
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: one day at a time.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 05:29:26 pm »
Hi, Steve ~

Thanks for your positive update.  I'm glad to learn that your recovery is going well. 

Merry Christmas to you, too!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 07:08:10 pm »
Merry Christmas to you, too, Steve.

I'm glad to hear that your doctor is pleased with your progress.  Being diagnosed with an AN is definitely scary - and the treatment isn't always pretty either - but we're all proof that you can survive and have a great life.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 02:56:51 pm »
So glad for the progress you have made and hope there will be more progress to come.

Regards,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.