Author Topic: About to have Translab approach surgery  (Read 12315 times)

Boricua

Re: About to have Translab approach surgerqy
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »
Well finally out of the hospital today. The surgery was performed at Banner Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix AZ on July 31st. by Dr. Byron Willis and Dr. John Macias. Tumor size was 2.6 cm oblong on the left side. Nausea and vomiting were a big part of the after effects of surgery. Also very loud tinnitus developed on the operated  site starting this morning at 0130. Its like  C 141 Starlifter taxiing the runway. Also some minor weakness on the left side the face . Hoping for things to get better.
Left Ear 2.6 cm AN. Diagnosed in 2006Surgically removed on  Jul 31.2012. Tinnitus on both ears but subsiding on left ear. Left Ear SSD. Tumor regrows Cyberknife treatment started Sept 25. 2014.

alabamajane

Re: About to have Translab approach surgery
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 10:52:51 am »
Congratulations ,, job well done,, now on to recovery.
Sounds like all went well and we are all glad for you. Take it easy ,rest and then try to walk when you feel able.. fatigue is such a major part of recovery usually..

I can relate to the tinnitus sounds.. believe it or not , I "heard" the saw sound for a couple of days after the operation and even mentioned it to the Dr! I think he thought I had "lost some marbles" during the operation... :P  ,,, but to each his/her own!!  It did subside you might be glad to know,, and I don't seem to have lost "too many marbles" from the operation!

Take care and thanks for posting so soon.. Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

It is what it is

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 06:52:43 am »
How are you?  We care.

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Boricua

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 04:45:46 pm »
Well hanging in there. Not much progress. Neck stiffness, pain, swelling and some loss of movement on the left side of my face to include left eyelid and the  left side of my mouth . It is frustrating but I'm hoping for better days ahead .Most on the tinnitus onset after the removal has subsided but there is a feeling of fullness(like a plug) on the tumor removal side. The upper part of my left ear fells completely numb and like a piece of  leather. Just sharing what life feels after the surgery...but like I said before I know it's a matter of time before things start to get get better. Thanks for your prayers and comments...God Bless!!!

Harry
Left Ear 2.6 cm AN. Diagnosed in 2006Surgically removed on  Jul 31.2012. Tinnitus on both ears but subsiding on left ear. Left Ear SSD. Tumor regrows Cyberknife treatment started Sept 25. 2014.

millie

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 04:31:54 pm »
Keep the faith Harry!
Praying.
Millie

alabamajane

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 09:58:37 am »
Hang in there , Harry, sounds like you are right on target for recovering.. it is hard and things don't feel as they did but in a few months, most of that will be history.. believe it or not,,,,
Mine was 10 mos ago and I still have some numbness in that ear and it feels like a plug is in there, but not as bad as it has been for sure.. I still have some facial numbness, but I had facial nerve damage so I knew this would be awhile.. yours will probably clear up much more quickly.
Take care, and rest some that will help most with recovery as brain tries to re-coup and get stronger ... we all are here for you if you have questions about "new" symptoms/issues... congrats on being a postie now.. Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Linda1947

• Scheduling Surgery
10 days post surgery
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 04:56:52 pm »
I had my 10 hour surgery on July 30. It went very well with no facial nerve damage. I went home 4 days later, but had to return the next day due to asceptic meningitis. I came home yesterday, and I felt the best. I have headaches, but the dr. said they would go away in a couple of weeks. I am being weaned off steroids. LIfe is looking up. My scar is impressive. But I think I need some piercings to go with the metal  lol....just kidding.

Thank you all for you advice.
LindaR

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »
Linda sorry to hear about your set back. Glad to hear your on the road to recovery.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

millie

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 07:48:44 pm »
Linda!
So good to hear from you!  I am sorry about the asceptic meningitis.  I hope and pray the rest of your journey is easier.  You too, Harry!  Millie

Boricua

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »
Things slowly...very slowly getting better. Still have the Bell's Palsy but the balance is getting better by the day. Stopped taking pain medication 2 days ago.

It is what it is

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 05:38:18 am »
Congratulations on being posties Harry and Linda.  I will continue to be interested in your healing journey. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.