Author Topic: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray  (Read 75324 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Donnalynn's Husband - Please Pray
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 04:45:22 pm »
That's what we get for living in the boonies!  No hospital bed for your hubby and my ENT is putting me through 2 surgeries because there was no operating room pathologist on duty at the time to figure out the nodule they were removing was cancerous and they needed to remove my whole thyroid.  Jeesh!

As I was falling asleep I was fantasizing about all of us forumites chipping in and chartering a plane to get Jim to a large city with a world class hospital.  I know I'd chip in!  Hope things go well for you and the sooner the better!

Hugs and more hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

MLB57

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 07:30:57 pm »
Hi Donnalynn,

I can't imagine what a stressful time this must be for you and your beloved husband..  You both will certainly be in my heartfelt thoughts...It's so hard for us here in MA to comprehend there isn't a bed at the hospital for your husband--we have so many hospitals here... Can he be life-flighted to a larger hospital?  Just blows my mind--like you said it must feel like Africa...

Take care and all my best wishes to both of you...

Mary (aka GrammyMary)...
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2010, 08:11:56 pm »
I'm hoping the appointment was productive and Jim is receiving the care that he deserves.  Do you have home care nurses in your area?  If you do demand the service.  I hope all of the medical staff that are attending to Jim know about your own health issues and this added stress of taking care of him at home could have an adverse effect on you.  

Can you bring Jim through the ER and refuse to take him home?  I'm just thinking of a proactive approach to get him into the hospital so you both can get some rest.

Take care both of you.......I know it is easier said than done!

Anne Marie
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:06:31 am by yardtick »
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Jill Marie

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2010, 09:42:14 pm »
Donnalynn,

It is so hard reading what you Jim & Vanessa have been going through.  I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to hear the doctor tell your beloved Jim to get his affairs in order and then on the other hand schedule tests and appointments for next week when something should be done NOW!  If there is something they can check for test for and do then it should be done NOW!!! Hospitals are open 24/7 to save lives, why aren't they doing that? 

I'm so glad to hear that the Fire Hall Crew was there to take care of you.  I believe it was Capt. Deb that said she would gladly help pay to get Jim help here in the US and that others here would do the same, I totally agree.  We also wish that we were there to help you like the Fire Hall Crew did but we can't so we will continue to think about you, pray for you and support you!  Jill Marie
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 06:07:27 am »
Donnalynn, I'm so sorry about this difficult situation. It truly is in God's hands, and I believe that God cured Jim's lung cancer, and He can take care of the blood clots too.

Jim's fire crew is indeed a wonderful bunch and I am glad they are there for you.

I wish I could do more, but know that I continue to pray for all of you.

Love, Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 06:30:09 am »
I am praying for God's perfect peace and strength for you and yours, Donnalynn....

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

iluuvpups

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 07:43:36 am »
Sending you strength and love, Donnalynn!
Original 1.75cm left-side AN diagnosed Feb 2010
Translab surgery May 27, 2010 with Drs. Kartush and Pieper of MEI
SSD on left side, some facial weakness, tear duct doesn't work
Found I actually had a facial neuroma during translab
Remaining 6mm facial neuroma - watch and wait

Cheryl R

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 07:58:51 am »
Donnalynn, may your guardian angel keep you all under her wings!         I am surprised too that his sats are as good as they are.    I hope that continues.   Right off I have never seen any other meds used for this but I was at a smaller hospital and not a big university where new drugs are tried out.          The cause of it all can play a part in what might work or might not.           
      We are all thinking of you and  hope for the best.                       Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 08:47:23 am »
Donnalynn I am so so sorry I have not been on here much wallowing in my own self pity... I cannot believe what is happening to your husband and you as well...I am praying that all will work out and God will see you through this....... I do not have much but I will also contribute in helping you get him to the States...

My thoughts and prayers are with you both you have been an inspiration to all of us and I wish there was more that we can do for you..

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2010, 11:44:30 am »
Donnalynn .....

This is truly troubling news, on many fronts.  Thoughts and prayers seem so inadequate at this point, when so many of us feel that he deserves so much more in the way of medical care than he is getting.

Try to rest when you can and know that we are all shouldering this burden with you as best we can.

Love, thoughts, and prayers.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Lizard

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:10 pm »
Donnalyn,
It breaks my heart to see you and Jim going through this.  I'm praying for the best and that all the test come back negative for cancer.
Take care and know you are both in my thoughts.
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 07:34:15 pm »
D, I send love and MAJOR healing hugglez. I'm sorry to hear of the recent turn of events and please know that you, J and V are in our thoughts, prayers......the bloke and I send our very very best.

xoxooxoxoxoxo
Hugglez!
P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ksiwek

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 08:02:19 pm »
Donnalynn,

You were my 'angel' when I needed you.  You helped me more than I could ever express in words.   You held my hand and heart over the phone and provided such support to someone who was a complete stranger.  You are such an amazing person and it breaks my heart to know you are hurting.

Please let me know if there is anything you need!  I am a phone call away.  For now, know that I am praying for your whole family...for health, comfort in these stressful times and for you to know that you are never alone.

Stay strong...and lean on your AN family!

XOXO
Kris
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

ombrerose4

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2010, 08:09:14 pm »
Donnalynn,
I hope today was a better day for Jim and for you. I wish there was more we all could do to help you..But I hope the power of our healing thoughts will do the trick. Just know that we all are here for you and for Jim. Lots of prayers going on right now.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

free2be

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2010, 09:04:39 pm »
Donnalynn,

I'm so sorry you are both going through all this and that you are having such trouble with the medical services there. How far are you from a city in the states? God must be looking out for Jim and so He must have bigger plans for him yet. Hang in there and try to rest. Our church is praying for him and I'm praying for you both.

Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable