Author Topic: Job Treat You Differently?  (Read 8420 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Job Treat You Differently?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:00 am »
Come to think of it. I think the stinky fish is plan A too. Geesh, I would have loved to do that to a number of people I have worked with and for in the past.

Don't fight with words, use stinky fish!

I like it.
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 11:33:47 am »
Yeah and after ya finish with the whackin' you can enjoy a delicios meal!  Kill 2 birds with one stone! I wonder if anyone has said--"BACK OFF--this fish is a registered weapon!"

Captain Deb 8)
 PS I actually witnessed a fish fight while I was provisioning a boat in Antigua. These 2 old women were duking it out at the open air market and cussing up a storm--I guess one of 'ems husband was sniffin' around the other one or something. It was hilarious--the whole market was watching in a big circle and laughing their a**es off!
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

pejavar

• Live Life King Size!
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 12:10:20 pm »
If you want to hold a steady job, you can’t afford  to be sick. If you want to climb the corporate ladder,you can’t afford to be sick. And if you don’t have good health coverage, you certainly can’t afford to be sick  In these demanding, competitive, capitalistic waters that we’re all treading, a perfect attendance record is one of the keys to staying afloat. That’s because perfect attendance means you’re dedicated to your job. It means you don’t make excuses. It means you’re making sacrifices for the 'good of the company'. Sometimes we sacrifice our health (not to mention our mental stability) for the good of the company. Working weekends and holidays, or long hours that cut into much needed sleep time.

Sure, some people’s bodies have a higher tolerance for these dangerous side effects of the corporate climb, but at some point, mentally or physically, things are bound to catch up..But what happens when the go-getter employee becomes sick?   Any way you slice it, in our career-driven society, you just cannot afford to be sick.isnt it true ?? My company deserted me when i was diagnosed for AN , for 6 months i was not paid except the insurance taken care of ...It forced me to spring back to normal life fater and search for a new Job . Its since 1 year that iam in this new company and people still find it hard to work with the limitations that the AN surgery left me ie a Deaf ear and Facial Paralysis ....

I pray to grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.

5.5cm Acoustic Neuroma - Right side
Removed Dec 14th, 2004
Onset of Bells Palsy Dec 16th, 2004
Gold Eye weight Implant Feb 5th 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago

Battyp

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 02:02:47 pm »
Pejavar..it's frustrating but true!  You give them you're all often with health affects then the minute you can't produce it's NEXT!  It's all so frustrating...especially losing the health insurance which I'm facing.  :o(