Author Topic: Taking Pamelor to help wean me off the Tylenol  (Read 37819 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Taking Pamelor to help wean me off the Tylenol
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2009, 11:36:19 am »
Syl,

I went to bed with a headache and I still have one today.  If I didn't take the sleeping pill last night I would not have slept. 

Good news, I got an appointment with the neurologist for Tues April 7.  My GP would not give me a referral to another one, so I called the one I was seeing in 2007.  Her receptionist told me a needed a referral because it has been 18 months since my last appointment.  I kind of lost it, I apologised I knew it wasn't her fault but that didn't help me.  Yesterday morning when the phone rang I had the shock of my life....I had an appointment.  I guess persistence pays off, or was it my anxiety and tears? 

Anne Marie 
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »
Excellent news, Anne Marie!! I hope the neurologist can help you.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

yardtick

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2009, 11:02:22 am »
Me too!!!  :'(  It's been a rough weekend.  I hope I have all of my headaches before my husband and I leave for our vacation/honeymoon, 25 years later, one apartment, two homes and four wonderful sons later ;)   

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Syl

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2009, 02:56:14 pm »
Anne Marie:
Yes, let's hope you are as good as new and able to make the most of your 2nd honeymoon.

I have to tell you how great I feel today. I work a 2nd job on Sundays. I help out at my sister's grocery store making tortillas. It demands a bit of physical work, some heavy lifting. I'm only there for 3 or 4 hrs on Sundays. By the time my shift is up I usually have a brain freeze and need to sit and rest because of the slight dizziness.

Well, today I was working the conveyor belt where the tortillas are collected and stacked. Remember the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel are working at the chocolate factory? It's something like that. If you're too slow, the tortillas get past you. Let me tell you it's quite challenging for our vestibular systems, seeing all that movement. I thought I'd be really dizzy at the end of my shift, but I wanted my vestibular system to get a bit of a workout. It was a vestibular workout, but I feel great. I have energy, my head and body feel quite connected.

And, this morning I didn't even wake up with a soar neck. I'm sure tomorrow my body will have a delayed reaction to today's activities. And that's ok.

Syl

yardtick

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2009, 09:50:48 pm »
Sly,

Too funny  ;D  I think that "I Love Lucy" was one of my most favourite episode, next to her grape stomping for the vino making. 

I hope you sleep well tonight and do not wake up with a sore neck or headache! 

hehehehe too funny,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Syl

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 12:24:24 am »
Headache-free mornings are outnumbering the days I do get headaches. Even when I do get a headache, it's milder--still hurts, but I haven't had one that makes me cry in a while. I'm also getting the brain freezes less often. I now feel that I will be able to put this all behind me one day soon.

Syl

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 07:07:29 am »
Syl,

It's so good to hear that your headaches are becoming fewer and farther between, as well as less intense.  Post-operative headaches was my number 1 concern with having retrosigmoid, with facial palsy the number two concern.  Hearing preservation was third.

Since I do suffer from migraines (pre-surgery and post), I understand how debilitating bad headaches can be.

Sending some thoughts and prayers your way that this is the beginning of the end of all your headaches!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Syl

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 11:48:49 am »
Ernie:

I was very concerned about headaches when I chose retrosig, but I was more worried about my facial nerve. The reason I went ahead and chose retrosig was because the docs said that since they've been using some sort of surgical cement to patch up the skull, headaches haven't been as big of an issue. I'm not sure what they ended up patching my skull with. But I do know that they had to go to Plan B because my skull is very porous and it would end up absorbing the other stuff.

Syl

Syl

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2009, 12:42:49 pm »
By now its well over a month that my love affair with Tylenol ended. Have had some setbacks. Each time I update to say I'm doing fine, a headache strikes.  Got a headache on Monday morning but I've been fine since. For a couple of nights a teeny headache woke me up, but went away soon after--no heat, no drugs. But I have been really tired this week and dizzier than my usual self. Feeling better today.

Syl

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2009, 02:09:11 pm »
Syl,

Glad to see that you've conquered the rebound effect. I went through it myself a while back.  I'm not on any headache meds myself these days-- after a cyst was found on my liver, I decided a de-tox was in order.  Headaches come and go but are much improved in the past two years since I started on preventives.  I'm praying that the Headache Monster has been chased back to his cave and ceases bothering you too much.

Hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Syl

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2009, 02:50:20 pm »
Capt Deb:

Do you think all the meds could be the cause of the cyst? I do worry about the health of our kidneys and liver, esp. since we need them in good health to take the MRI contrast.

Syl

yardtick

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009, 02:51:51 pm »
I saw the neurologist a few days ago and she is sending me to a Pain Dr, for some good old injections.  I'm hoping to get injected before my holidays next week but I do not see that happening.  I'm also on a waiting list for a pain clinic.  My head and face are really bad today.  It is the pain behind my left eye that is driving me crazy.   :'(

Good question Syl, I too worry about my kidneys and liver.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Patch

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2009, 03:21:11 pm »
I am a Tylenol junkie myself. I would lke to stop taking them but not sure where to go. My headaches occur on the oppsite side of my AN. Is this normal or is this just were my migraines are? My AN is on the left side and headache are always on the right
Radiation 7/07 for 17mm AN, Had my 2 year MRI 07/09, An now 13mm.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2009, 03:55:17 pm »
Patch--I replied to your post in new thread called "headaches."

Anne Marie--the pain clinic has been a lifesaver for me--it's where I get me nerve blocks--good luck to you and I hope they get you in soon.  Also I hope you can get your injections before your holiday.  They are not fun but they do help.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2009, 04:10:12 pm »
Thanks my Capt.  Whether or not I have the nerve block before Wednesday really doesn't matter.  Louie and I are going to have the best time ever in The Dominican Republic.  All inclusive 5 star resort, ocean veiw suite and the sound of the ocean......heavenly!!  So I'm telling the HEADACHE MONSTER to back off or else...

Anne Marie OX
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!!