Author Topic: The House in Calf  (Read 3718 times)

Lillygold

The House in Calf
« on: August 09, 2012, 06:51:33 pm »
I sent my MRI to the House to see what treatment they would recommend. How long does it take to hear from them? Do I call them?

LizAN

Re: The House in Calf
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »
Hi, Lillygold,

I just had surgery out there, after being in watch & wait for going on two years.  As I recall, once I sent my scan and hearing test results to them, it was several weeks before I heard from Dr. Slattery.  After the first consultation, the office called me quickly after each new scan.  My tumor was small so it was not an emergency.

If you are concerned, by all means call them.  Have you confirmed that they have received your package?

Good luck with your decision process.  I know how nerve wracking it can be.  I had a good experience with House and don't regret it at all.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

millie

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:31:22 pm »
Hi!
Yes, I too sent my MRI's to House.  They called within a week but I missed the call.
Within two days, I telephoned them, told them the story.  A Doctor Luxford(?the exact name escapes me now, but I saw his picture and name on the House website) called me within another day.  He was very kind and gave me his opinion.
I did send the MRI's and letter special delivery return receipt requested.

LizAN

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:32:11 pm »
Yes, it is hard.

I went half way across the country at a time when I had very little money in reserve.  It was important to me to have the very best surgeons I could find, as I didn't want to have any regrets about my decision later.  I would trust the recommendations of the doctors at House.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 05:36:18 am »
I only took Dr. Friedman a week to call me. I think it depends on how busy they are also but they are quick. You can call them too. I would definately wait to hear what they have to say before going into surgery somewhere else. This way you have options. I went to House and Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz are wonderful.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

cindyj

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 06:54:46 am »
I heard from them within a few days initially and then almost immediately every time I called or emailed after that...didn't decide on treatment until about 6 months after consulting with them and numerous docs locally...

Best to you,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

lrobie

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:34 am »
It only took Dr. Friedman a few days after receiving my information to call me.  I had my surgery three weeks ago at House and am doing fairly well. 

I've also heard Dr. Dodson's name mentioned on this forum.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie