Author Topic: Counting down  (Read 7745 times)

allegro17

Re: Counting down
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 10:26:31 pm »
Good luck tomorrow, Ernie! 

Laura

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 10:49:37 pm »
Good luck Ernie--it will soon be over. Looking forward to hearing how you do tomorrow.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 05:58:56 pm »
Surgery one day, home the next.  Can't beat that.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »
OMG!!  Are you really home already??  This is defintily a record - pratically outpatient. 
What's next - drive thru?

Okay, seriously, how ARE you?

Debbi - agog in NJ
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2009, 01:56:26 pm »
Surgery one day, home the next.  Can't beat that.

Ernie

You're kidding....right?  Even endoscopic surgery patients don't get discharged quite that fast.  Perhaps that magic scarf is more potent than we realized.  Congratulations!  Way to go, Ernie! :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2009, 05:00:34 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm doing pretty good.  As mentioned, surgery was on the 5th andwe were home the evening of the 6th.  I told you I was going to get up out of bed and start walking right away :).  Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling "wonderful" by any means, but I don't feel too bad.

Today was a slow day.  There was more swelling and pain when I woke up this morning, and the pain pills weren't quite as strong as the IV morphine.  I started to sulk and darken the room, feeling sorry for myself, but then my wife, bless her heart, reminded me that it would help to walk.  We actually just got back from a half hour walk outside and I feel super again.  I know it's temporary, but I have no regrets so far.

The bandage can come off tonight or tomorrow morning, but I'm thinking I'll stick with iit one more day.  It's not easy sleeping with it though.  It gives me a stiff neck (well, I'm sure there are other neck issues too).

Thanks for all the prayers.  You guys rock!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Jwh

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2009, 07:30:55 pm »
Amazing!  I can't believe you were released so quickly.  I was out of the hospital in  2 1/2 days and I thought that was super fast.  Here's hoping that you recover lightning fast!

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)