Author Topic: ck Friday Jan 9  (Read 4645 times)

GRACE1

Re: ck Friday Jan 9
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 09:06:09 am »
Thanks for keeping us updated.  I am so glad this is going well for you. 

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 10:20:24 am »
WOOHOO on Day 2, Carter  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

carter

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 06:36:31 pm »
day 3 of treatment

got set up on time .... waited for 45 minutes for the dr to ok  the start.   the tech released the mask 3 seperate times - twice just let me to move about and once to ask questions of the P.A. 

amount of radiaiton given compared to other cancers such as wife's breast cancer    -- about 1/2
   her in 30 days - mine in 3
when to call?   she said to call when my bosy says that there is a problem.   no set rules...and not to call back if there is any delay.
she said to expect to be tired and to have body aches for a few days.   already have the ache - did not know it went with treatment...

she advised to take it easy for several days.   others in medicine  made it sound luke to not expect the faigue.  i had taken off after about 3 hours today .... ladies at work called my wife.  wife said to come home.

i asked what ot expect in hearing changes - she said hopefully none and dropped it. 

i asked why the treatments were 3 rather than 5.  she said that she did not know this ....  she got approavel for dr to talk to my wife about this. 

i asked about a script for headaches - more than tylonol...  he wrote script after a few questions. 

i did the last treatement ....   a little over 2 hours on the couch ..  i was told that it was not a table, but a couch.  2 hours is too long on the couch or tabel.  i had made it through teh otehr treatments without moving --- not today.  i was just uncomfortable.  this just delays the whole thing.

finished and said goodbyes to tech .... she was nice and explained a lot such as why the room is not contaminated by radiaiton...  it is proton beams - the do not leave particles behind. 

we had expected to see dr (told at first visit) or at least for him to talk to wife (talk to pA)...  dr willison never made his presence known during the entire treatemnt period but neither did any other dr.   this really surprised me ... to never see a doctor.  it was just the tech - Regian and a helper on 2 of the days.

tip for others ....slow down on drinking a couple of hours before treatment and always make a pit stop before getting on the couch. 

it is over!!!!!!!!!  yeah.   i am listening to the little bast$#$rd scream in agony.

i am to get mri and see doctor in 8 weeks ..... this is sooner than i expected.

life is good ---  just have to live life and try to forget about this inconvenience.  but i am sure that it will be pins and needles as i get teh next mri and wait to get the results.

i am taking off tommorrow to relax - rest and do some fun things.  tonight the last dose of radioactivamn ice cream. 

now i think of the words from the movie jeramia johnson .... you've come a long way pilgram.  i have.   and the people of this forum have taught me a lot.  so keep your topnotch.   i will be around

thanks
carter

Diagnosed in fall of 2008 with 1.6 * 2.9cm AN on left side. 

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

CK performed at St John's Hospital (Tulsa)Jan 2009

windy

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 07:32:43 pm »
Carter,

I am glad you finally made it off the "couch"!!  You are right, two hours is a bit much for anyone.  Enjoy your ice-cream tonight and take it easy tomorrow.  I'm so glad you are finished with your treatment.  I wish you the very best in your recovery!

Windy
* Diagnosed w/AN (9mm x 11mm x 9mm) - 6-10-08
* GK @ UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford - 8-5-08
* Stable MRI - Aug. 2009
* 2 MM's Growth - Aug. 2010
* Lost 60% Hearing - Dec. 2010
* More Growth?? - Wait & Watch - Jan. 2012
* 1 MM Shrinkage - Aug. 2012
* 2 MM's Shrinkage - Aug. 2013
* Slight Shrinkage - Aug. 2014

sgerrard

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 10:09:00 pm »
Hey Carter,

Thanks for finishing it up! (I had a 3 day treatment as well; I think it is just the right amount). I appreciate the excuse to go get myself some non-radioactive chocolate ice-cream, which I think I will do right now!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.