Author Topic: Tara  (Read 8078 times)

Trackman

Re: Tara
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 10:58:27 am »
Tara

I also had the strange noises. I heard rushing water and my heart beating on the AN side. Went away in about a month, still hear strange noises when I am startled.   Rest and do your PT exercises. I was on the same schedule, operation on Tuesday - stitches out the following Thursday and a visit with both Dr. Chen and Dr. Aziz. I still had double vision when I went to my Thursday appointment – then about 4 days later late in the evening all of a sudden the double vision went away forever. I went back to teaching after 6 weeks.  Everything will be fine, just give it time.

Mitch

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 11:22:34 am »
Tara:

So sorry I missed this topic before. It's good to see you have a positive outlook. It will help the healing process.
After my surgery I had trouble sleeping straight through the night, too. Initially, I would wake up every few hours. During the day I would try so hard to take naps, but I couldn't. Even now, 10 months post-op, I find it difficult to take an afternoon siesta. It's only been in the last couple of months that I've been able to sleep straight through the night. I hope it doesn't take you this long to establish a regular sleep schedule.

So sorry about the facial paralysis, but glad it's not permanent.

The road to recovery is a long one, but but it does get better.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 06:14:10 pm »
Hi Tara,

It’s so good to see you posting. I am very sorry you have had such a hard time with the complications from the surgery, but your positive attitude will surly get you through.
Rest, rest, rest as much as you can. Take your meds on time (no fun trying to play catch up with the pain) and be patient with yourself and your recovery.

We are sending you all our prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

Scarlett & Richie
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.