Author Topic: One more day  (Read 7687 times)

Keri

Re: One more day
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 08:55:53 pm »
Hello Joe,
I hope and pray all goes well for you. We'll look forward to getting your updates when you're able.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 02:28:46 am »
Hope everything went well today Joe.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

joeelmo79

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 09:24:44 am »
Helllo from postie-land...everythiing went perfect during surgery.  They actuallly didn't have to do a graft nerve, because  he was able to"clean" the nerve well without grafting a new one.  So now I should have the best chance at a full recovery (or better).  They did give me a cataract abrasion on myGOODeye.   II see what ya'll were talking about being weak, because I'm extremely weak this morning.  I just left out ICUinto my regular room. So i'm going to rest for a little while and hopefully talkk with you later.

loe

kathylittlejohncobb

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 09:39:14 am »
So glad you are feeling all right, tho weak, on "postie" side; the best to you in your recovery!
Kathy
Retrosigmoid at House/St. Vincent's in Los Angeles 4-4-06; partial hearing saved on AN side;
Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Rick Friedman, my heroes!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 10:02:14 am »
That's great news, Joe!  Thanks for thinking of us when your energy is needed just to get back on your feet.  Keep on truckin'.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 12:48:07 pm »
Hi, Joe:

Congratulations on your successful surgery - and thanks for the update.  Now, rest all you need to, we'll be here.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 01:24:50 pm »
Congratulations on becoming a postie!  It sounds like things went really well.  Get some rest and don't forget to take some pictures :)

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

cindyj

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 02:27:22 pm »
Congrats, Joe!  Wow, can't believe you're already posting yourself!  I couldn't do that for days.  Get your rest and check back with us when you feel up to it.

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

joeelmo79

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:09 pm »
Actually this is his wife posting because he can't see that great lol.....He also wanted to let everyone know that he should regiain all of his hearing in his left ear, and he has actually got up to walk around our room  twice today so far.  His balance is ok and not so much  a big issue for now  24 hours post-op...sorry if this isn't spelled right because I'm on thie tv web in the room and can't reaally see what I'm  typing.  He said thanks for all the information because he's kinda knew  what to expect before it happened..  He's gonna rest for awhile tonight ,ad try to get on here again tomorrow and hopefullly he can see and read. oh and his drain should becoming out tomorrow.

P.S.he wanted to know if anyone had to wear what i call "wrestling headgear" because that is what's driving him crazy around your incision site and ear.

kathylittlejohncobb

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 03:26:34 pm »
Yes, I had the headgear, but not for long.  I went from that to just matted hair!  My husband did take a purple Easter bunny I'd been given and wrap his ears together to resemble my "lopsided turban."  I still have him, too, or them, rather, the bunny & my husband!   :D
Kathy
Retrosigmoid at House/St. Vincent's in Los Angeles 4-4-06; partial hearing saved on AN side;
Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Rick Friedman, my heroes!

sgerrard

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »
Great news! It sounds like the surgery went really well. I am amazed you are up and about so soon.
Take care of that eye. No nerve graft and hearing may come back is icing on the cake. Take it easy, Joe!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 06:52:48 am »
It seems that every doctor/hospital is different in regards to when they get you moving.  The idea behind getting up sooner than later is to keep the blood moving and prevent clots.  They had me up the morning after my surgery.

Mrs Joe, thank you very much for keeping us all updated.  Sometimes its like we are in the waiting room, pacing back and forth, waiting for the news from the doctor! :).  Your updates help put our minds at ease.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

joebloggs

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 07:09:11 am »
Fabulous news... Joe is officially rocking the recovery!!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 07:24:46 am »
Oh, is that the spinal tap?  Around here, we have them in all our trees, draining off the pressurized fluid, but it ends up on pancakes and waffles.  Sorry, having breakfast.  I know, Ernie, don't eat while you're on the forum, but I have to multi-task.  So much to do in the next seven days!
Joe,  You made it to the other side!  I'm so jealous.  I won't even talk about having hearing because that's just too fabulous to imagine.  I did order one of those ipod things for SSD yesterday.  Pre-op tomorrow.  Whoop, whoop!
Mrs Joe,  Thank you for spreading the word.  It really helps those of us about to walk through those doors. 
Everybody,  Anissa is rolling into the OR about now.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 11:17:17 am »
Hi Joe and Joe's wife,
So happy it's over and done with and with a good result.
Continued good wishes.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.