General Category > Hearing Issues

BAHA Implant Problems

<< < (6/8) > >>

leapyrtwins:

--- Quote from: lori67 on March 18, 2009, 02:08:03 pm ---Well, Jan, yes, I do floss nightly - only because with the facial nerve issues, I always feel like there's something stuck in my teeth on my bad side - although I can't chew on that side so I'm not sure how anything would get stuck there.  It just feels like it. 
--- End quote ---

Lori - 

ever considered an electric toothbrush?  It might help.

We better stop this hijack real soon - before Phyl discovers it  :P

Jan

robinstwo:
Jan, Lori, Catherine
You guys are great!  I learned a good deal from you.  It's nice to know I not the only short klutz around. 

I did not know about the moisture wicking beads and that the processer needs to be dehumidified daily which I will probably do since I live in FL on the water where it is really humid.  I will need to find out more about the BAHA insurance that was mentioned.  I think that leash will come in handy in the beginning.  Now I have two things to do before snoozing, the eye and the BAHA.  No it doesn't include flossing  ;D

Robin

leapyrtwins:
Robin, glad to hear you're with Kaybo and me on the flossing issue  ;)

Also glad we could all help you with our BAHA input.  Please don't ever hesitate to ask when you have questions.  I gained so much from this forum prior to my implant - and I still continue to gain so much today.

Jan

lori67:
Robin,

In Florida on the water, huh?  Well, if you need help attaching your processor, you just let me know - I think I can endure being in the Sunshine State on the water for a few days to help you out!   ;D

If you look under Hearing Issues on the home page and then look in there, there are a few threads on BAHA insurance.  You'll get the one year warranty from the company but after that you either have to extend that (for a cost, of course) or you can add a personal articles rider onto your Homeowners or Renters insurance policy.  For me, it worked out cheaper to go through my Homeowners insurance, but that might not be the case for everyone.  Either way, you'll have a year to think about it.

Lori

robinstwo:
Lori,

Thanks for the input on the BAHA insurance.  I'll check with my insurance company to see what they say.  Come on down, beaches are great especially around Panama City and Destin.

Robin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version