General Category > Hearing Issues

BAHA Implant Problems

<< < (7/8) > >>

lori67:
Robin,

Those are beautiful beaches!  I was in Pensacola about 5 weeks after my Translab.  Walking in sand is definitely a good way to challenge your balance - and at least it wouldn't have hurt much if I fell!

Lori

Hollanjf:
Ive had my BAHA for about 3 years now. I still continue to have skin growth, swelling and bleeding. I get about a week a month without any problems. Any advice. My dr always said its normal. Thanks.

alabamajane:
Hi  Hollanjf,,
You replied to an older post so I thought I would reply,,,,

I also have a BAHA. I don't have many issues with it until I don't clean the post well. And if I let my hair get "dirty" it seems to cause excess oils to accumulate around it.

I was given a very soft toothbrush to clean the post. As long as I do that ( or often ask my husband to do it and look at it) ,, I don't have any problems. My ENT looked at it once and said there were " small crystals " I think, that the area would push out by itself,, I guess it's a bit of seepage or something,,, I can feel it sometimes with my finger,,, that's all I usually get though.

I have been told "it's normal" too,, I don't get bad infections or anything,, some tenderness occasionally but not bad.
I hope this will improve for you!!

Jane

viennakid@aol.com:
prosessor is hard to snap on.

Use Vaseline around male protrusion for easier work.

viennakid@aol.com:
upper skin is growing next to abutment!

Dr  said as long abutment is open to accept  oscillator (Vibrator ) is fine.!

Howeever I get music often   into me  system.

Funny,from where ?

Cochlear audiologist claims to be sick with flu,and  has not been able to   accomote  me at present   Al

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version