Author Topic: Cipralex?  (Read 2378 times)

Vivian B.

Cipralex?
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:45:49 am »
Hello Everybody,

I was given Cipralex by my Dr. about two weeks after diagnosis. I took it for a week and stopped. I just found that I was very tired with it at work and thought I would try to do this W & W thing without any meds. I don't seem to be able to shake this anxiety and the ativan that I take to sleep makes me too drowsy in the morning and is not taking the edge off anymore. Has anyone tried Cirpralex and has it helped? I am thinking of starting it again.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Cipralex?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:48:05 pm »
Hi, Vivian ~

I'm sorry to learn of your problems with anti-anxiety drugs.  Unfortunately, one of the listed side-effects for Cipralex is somnolence.  Of course different drugs have different effects on the individual.  Ativan (Lorazepam) is fairly strong and if it "doesn't take the edge off anymore" I would suggest consulting your doctor before arbitrarily switching to a different medication.  He might have another suggestion (besides Cipralex or Ativan) for medication that could be more efficacious in your situation, minus the unwanted side-effects.  It's worth a call. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Vivian B.

Re: Cipralex?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:22:26 pm »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for replying. I was actually thinking of doing just that. I managed to get through the day. I think I need to focus more on the positive and lay off the negative that creeps up. Thanks again.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.