Author Topic: Hospital Stay for Tumor Regrowth Surgery  (Read 2885 times)

kma

Hospital Stay for Tumor Regrowth Surgery
« on: October 14, 2015, 07:34:13 am »
I'm having surgery (TransLab) at the end of the month to remove my tumor.

This is tumor regrowth.  My tumor was originally removed in 2009 and it looks like a bit was left behind and has regrown.

My question for those of you that have had a second surgery, how long was your hospital stay for this second surgery?  The first time I was there for a week but I'm thinking that this time should be much shorter. 

Thanks to anyone that can pipe in with their experience.   ;D ~Kathy
Retrosigmoid on 02-06-09 by Dr. LaRouere (Michigan Ear Institute) and Dr. Pieper.  Perfect hearing, perfect balance, no tinnitus and no headaches before surgery.  Right SSD, loud tinnitus and crazy headaches after surgery.  BAHA surgery 07-29-09 ~ still working on tune-ups...don't love it ~ YET!!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Hospital Stay for Tumor Regrowth Surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 09:18:01 am »
Hi Kathy .....

Your situation sounds very similar to mine, except I was told the tumor was removed completely during the first retrosigmoid surgery.  My first surgery was in 2008, second (translab) was in 2011.  First surgery I was in the hospital 6 days, second 4 days.  I recovered much more quickly from the second surgery than the first one.  I was walking around downtown LA on Day 9 after the second surgery.  I was still needing a walker on Day 9 after the first surgery.

Blissfully I did not have headaches after either surgery so that was a big bonus.

Best wishes and many thoughts and prayers!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

kma

Re: Hospital Stay for Tumor Regrowth Surgery
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:17:58 am »
Thank you, Clarice.
Four days would be great compared to last time! 
And...I think walking in downtown LA would be lovely...better than cold, old Michigan!!   :D
I gladly accept your prayers and wishes!! 
Kathy
Retrosigmoid on 02-06-09 by Dr. LaRouere (Michigan Ear Institute) and Dr. Pieper.  Perfect hearing, perfect balance, no tinnitus and no headaches before surgery.  Right SSD, loud tinnitus and crazy headaches after surgery.  BAHA surgery 07-29-09 ~ still working on tune-ups...don't love it ~ YET!!