Author Topic: Elevation related problems  (Read 1927 times)

wendymenard

Elevation related problems
« on: June 16, 2012, 01:44:43 pm »
I went to Panama City Beach for vacation a few weeks back. While I was there I noticed that my neck, head and shoulder felt "pre surgery normal" I felt really good the whole week I was there. However as we were driving up North to McDonough Ga I noticed my neck, head and shoulders on the surgery side felt like a brick was laid there and the farther north we went the more pressure was placed on that area. Does anyone have issues with elevation in a certain place given you more issues.I am thinking that at sea level  it helped my face and my neck issues. I know the barometric pressure plays a huge role on how I feel post surgery. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with elevation/  ??? Needless to say I wouldnt mind moving down to the beach in Florida if it helps LOL
Retrosigmoid approach Oct 25. 2011  2.5 cm tumor on hearing nerve touching facial nerve and brain stem. Experiencing several post op issues but staying positive and creating my new normal

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Elevation related problems
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 02:36:32 pm »
Hi Wendy .....

What a wonderful trip to Panama City Beach!!  I have had no change in my post-op symptoms with elevation change, but that does not mean you have not.  I do get barometric pressure change headaches.

I always feel better when I'm on vacation ..... for me it means much less stress and much more rest.  I'm wondering if your gradual changes returning home could be a gradual returning of stress ..... just a thought.

Best wishes!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

wendymenard

Re: Elevation related problems
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:51:25 am »
Clarice
It could be a combination of things...your right I just thought it was interesting...
Retrosigmoid approach Oct 25. 2011  2.5 cm tumor on hearing nerve touching facial nerve and brain stem. Experiencing several post op issues but staying positive and creating my new normal