Author Topic: Newbie from Argentina  (Read 4833 times)

sgerrard

Re: Newbie from Argentina
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 07:40:06 pm »
I moved the calendar entry to the 20th. David will include it in the "on deck" post that week, so we won't miss it.

Best wishes, Nestor.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Nestor

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 08:43:39 am »
Hi All,
Good news,
I can not believe it,
As you now I was operated on last Monday morning my AN was about 3 cm. with necrocis (dead parts) then it was stuck to the nerve , that its the operation took about 5 hours and now less than 5 days after I am writing in the forum well. I am already in my house, walking and enjoing with may family .   The trigeminal nerve completely preserved, the facial nerve completely preserved too, and the auditive nerve preserved (I think I hear a few  from the left side) but I have to wait 2 months for a review of audiometry and know the actual degree of commitmente and see if this commitmente is if fully or partially.
In none of my dreams I imagined that such a short time of the surgery would find me in this state. When I woke up the anestecia and I realized that I had the face intact, completely symmetrical, I close my left eye completely , move all members. This was an incredible excitement I hugged insurmountable.
I think this could be achieved thanks to the infinite grace of God, the excellent quality of the first leverl professional team of surgeons  and all the people that know me and others who do not (personally as you) but who had prayed for me and I had given unconditional support and helped to arrive at unbeatable psychological conditions at the time of surgery.
I hope you can understand this words because it I was a little difficult to me, at this time, to think and write in English, so surely this lienes has a lots o wrong words but it is because of think in my native Spanish.
Best regards,
Néstor.

If someone tell me how I can uplolad photos I will do.
Sorry by my english again. I promise you that  I will improve it,
Nestor in Buenos Aires, Argentina
41 years old
AN 2,5 cm Left side
Diagnosed 08/19/08
Dr.Jorge Salvat , Neurosurgeon
Dr. Vicente Diamante neurotologist

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 09:19:14 am »
Nestor,
It is so good to hear from you and to know that you are doing well. Your English is just fine, don't worry about it.  In any event, it is way better than my written Spanish would be. Please rest and recover.
All best wishes,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 12:54:40 pm »
Nestor,
I am so happy for you that your surgery went so  well!  Congratulations on a wonderful outcome -- I'm sure it feels great to be home!  Thanks for updating us.   :)

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 02:28:02 pm »
Nestor -

you are truly one very lucky individual  ;D

Congratulations,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 07:24:31 pm »
Excellent news, Nestor!

I am glad to hear there is a good surgical team in Argentina. It sounds like your facial nerves are all in good shape. The hearing is always a delicate one, and hard to predict, so only time will tell. I think you got a great result.

Take care, rest and recover, and send us an update now and then.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 07:34:26 pm »
Nestor,

What a great story you've shared.  I struggle posting pictures myself or I'd help. Others here have much more experience with how to post and hopefully they will see your post.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/