Author Topic: Movies  (Read 2060 times)

smiley

Movies
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:33:42 pm »
I haven't posted in a while and I really don't know which category to put this under but I would like to share some information that may interest some:

Due to surgery and NF2 I am completely deaf in my right ear and word recognition in my left is 44%.  So going to the movies is usually out of the question.  I just wait until they come on DVD and then I use the subtitle menu to read the dialogue.  Unfortunately this means I can't enjoy new releases in the theatre with my wife and kids.

But my son heard they have special glasses at some theaters where the subtitles appear on the glasses for the movie you are watching. Sure enough the theatre we went to had these special glasses.  I was able to enjoy the movie with my kids and now I don't have to tell my wife to find a friend to go to the movies with, we can go together again.

It was fantastic and another positive for modern technology.

Susan A

Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:51 pm »
"Like!"
Thanks for sharing that - there may come a day when I'll need those glasses!
2011 8 x 7 mm AN, & 20 x 22 mm M found, both on the left. Mosaic NF2 diagnosed. Some hearing loss
2014 hearing 30% on left, now using hearing aid (HA)
2015 Now have CROS HA - no longer hear enough for HA to be useful in AN ear
2016 Use an FM system on occasion at work to supplement HA

Jill Marie

Re: Movies
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:54:18 pm »
To bad we don't have a "GOOD NEWS" category because that's where this post belongs!  Thanks for sharing, always nice to know that they are coming out with things that will help us.  Jill P.S. We will be counting on you for the latest movie reviews! ;D
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.