Author Topic: Jackie Diels' cost  (Read 5160 times)

micca82

Jackie Diels' cost
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:55:52 pm »
Today, I found our my bluecross blushield plan does not cover occupational therapy! Does anyone know how much she charges? I'm going for 2 1/2 day program and would like to know how much her service costs and if they offer is count for self-pay patients. Any input is greatly appreciated!
MRI found 5.1cm AN on left on 3/18/11: age of 28
Surgery 4/5/11 with dr.Tamargo and dr. Francis. @ johns Hopkins
Whole tumor removed, facial nerves in tact, but unresponsive
Platinum eyelid weight on 4/6
Left facial paralysis, numbness, double vision

God is the Healer

Cheryl R

Re: Jackie Diels' cost
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:48:42 pm »
I am not sure of her cost but appeal, appeal,appeal.      She might be able to tell you how to word it so it might be covered.     I do not call it just plain OT.    OT helps one be able to do activites of daily living.   Dress, cook and take care of yourself.     I do not see facial therapy as that.      I am sure you are far from the first to have this happen.                     Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

GBWI Lisa

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »
I live in WI, so I drove to see Jackie Diels for a 3 hr appt, the UW hospital & clinics billed my insurance (united healthcare) $2062 of which I paid a $30 co-pay. I don't consider this OT either, she's helping us with our face! I can no longer work, but now I can smile again! I see her again at the end of May.
GBLisa

mandy721

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:23:27 am »
micca,
Do you give Blue Cross the procedure codes for the visit with Jackie?  Prior to Ken's first visit to Madison, we were in touch with the billing department at the Med Center, as well as BCBS.  Our policy included coverage for the sessions.  The billing department is probably a good source of information for dealing with your insurer.
Miranda
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems