Author Topic: Web broadcast of a radiosurgery procedure  (Read 2230 times)

JHager

Web broadcast of a radiosurgery procedure
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:58:37 pm »
Hey everyone!

I stumbled across this: Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta is, as we speak, broadcasting a live radiosurgery.  I'm hoping that they will record the procedure so we can look at it later.

Piedmont has a Trilogy machine, which my research leads me to believe is similar to Cyberknife, but made by a different company.  If you have some questions about this procedure, the webcast may help.

Regardless, it's cool to watch and listen to.

Check it out here: http://www.or-live.com/piedmonthospital/1262/

Hope it helps!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

DistressedDB

• Deb's site
Re: Web broadcast of a radiosurgery procedure
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 08:59:16 am »
J -

Thanks for all your efforts on my behalf...I'm feeling less "distressed" as a result!  I have a cousin whose Uncle is a top surgeon in NJ.  He also asked why I hadn't checked into Radiosurgery.  Between you and several others, I have seriously reconsidered my options and am going to check into this further.

I reviewed the webcast on Trilogy at Piedmont (which IS my original site of diagnosis of the AN!).  It is available post the actual broadcast!  It appears to be most for cancer patients.  There is also a webcast on the Gamma knife surgery www.or-live.com/piedmonthospital and located in the bar on the right side.

Thanks again!
1.5cm X .09 cm - CyberKnife November 2005
April MRI shows small growth of 1.5 cm X 1.0 cm

JHager

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 09:53:24 am »
Hey Distressed,

Glad to hear it!  I hope you get better answers and a better prognosis - please keep us posted!

If there's any other info you may need or things you have questions about, ask it here.  I'm amazed at what an incredible resource this site is.

Good luck!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

jw

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 10:46:54 pm »
Hey, everyone.

I just stumbled upon this site:

http://www.gammaknifestockholm.com/en/main.asp?page=movie&id=4

It has an 8 minute movie explaining the entire GK procedure and showing a typical treatment day.  It shows the frame being placed on, a CT being done, treatment being set up by the Drs, the pt. resting in bed and then the actual treatment itself.  If you're considering GK or just interested in it, it's a pretty good movie.

John
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.