Author Topic: Diagnosed with AN 03/05/2007......worried  (Read 10890 times)

sharibari

Re: Diagnosed with AN 03/05/2007......worried
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 12:02:25 pm »
Well, I've been off the grid adjusting and coping and spending time with family. The surgery Is now only 17 days away. I am getting anxious but trying not to at the same time. I have decided to go with translab, to me this is the choice I want to make. The thought of being single sided deaf is a bit disturbing, however I am experiencing it off and on now anyway. It will just be a definite . I decided to go with the baha afterwards. I want to thank everyone for the advise and support and I will try to update after surgery to let everyone know how everything turns out.
Thanks again for all your support,

Shari
Translab    4 cm
Dr. Joseph Roberson
California Ear Institute
Stanford Hospital
June 4, 2007

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 02:12:03 pm »
Shari,

You are going to do great!  Sending MAJOR huggles to help keep you strong during this waiting period... and know that I am cheering you on for wellness and a speedy recovery.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Derek

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 02:22:37 pm »
Hi Shari...

Very best wishes for your impending surgery....and you will adjust OK to the single-sided deafness as nature has a way of dealing with that. Indeed I hardly ever notice mine at all these days.

Best Regards

Derek

Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.