Author Topic: head lowering activities  (Read 3188 times)

Yvette

• Yvette
head lowering activities
« on: March 14, 2008, 01:51:11 pm »
Well, it only took more than a year, but I can finally do exercises or housework that requires you to have your head lower than your torso. It's so nice to get a real yoga stretch in or get laundry out of the dryer without having to pay for it with a throbbing fishbowl head afterwards:-)

Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: head lowering activities
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:12:10 am »
I still have to be careful bending over...I have dropped things and automatically bent to pick
them up only to get the hammer to back of the head feeling...followed by headache and
having to lay down at times...

My family comes home and picks up things I have dropped during the day and just left laying there
and they don't even ask why a piece of bread is on the floor anymore  :)

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:47:01 am »
This is good to know.  I have two cats and a collie who will eat (or try to eat) just about anything that lands on the floor.  Sounds like they are going to be really happy for awhile!

Seriously, as a soon-to-be-postie, I am adding this to my list of questions for the surgeon.  Don't want to go from "down dog" to "on your face..."!

Deb
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:13:14 am »
Same here... 2 cats and a Lab .. NOTHING on the floor or tables goes un-sniffed  ;D
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Betsy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:57:44 am »
Although I didn't have surgery, I do have a lot of unsteadiness.  If I bend over without thinking about it, I'm liable to keep on going...boom!  Good thing I'm well padded.  Anyway, I've learned to pick stuff up with my toes rather than risk a fall.  Now, if I could only figure out how to hold the litter scoop with my toes!
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 06:53:22 am »
If I am barefooted I pick stuff up with my toes too  :) ...have tried to train my polydactal (sp)
kitty to help but he is hopeless... when he was a small kitten til about 6 months he would
pick stuff up and hold it with his hands which was a little freaky

I have not hit the floor yet but have ended with hands down on floor to keep
from hitting it ...or hugging walls,furniture or nearby people...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 08:59:05 am »
You all are so funny. Maybe when Minnesota warms up, I can go barefoot and practice picking things up with my toes. Only I think getting clothes out of the dryer that way is out. If only we could train our pets to hand us what we dropped. Although returning a fallen piece of bread doesn't sound like a good idea either.

On the bright side, though it took so long, be encouraged because it can finally get better. I'm going to go see what's under my bed now, haven't looked for a year! have a great day!
Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!