Author Topic: early symptoms?  (Read 3943 times)

teetee503

early symptoms?
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:30:38 am »
Has anyone else experienced symptoms with a very small 3mm tumor?? :(
Tee Tee :)

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: early symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »
Welcome to the site. Lot of great people here and a lot of great information.

Somebody here recently reported a very small tumor but I don't remember who. Browse the postings and you eventually come across it.

Meantime, what's more important is what are your symptoms, what are all three dimensions of your AN, when and how were you diagnosed?

It's not nosiness. We can be helpful and supportive with more to go on.
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

MaryCPereira

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28:51 am »
I have a very small tumor ( I don't remember the exact size right now, but it's tiny) and I've had symptoms. Ear pain, headaches, dizziness, fullness, etc.

Some of the symptoms the drs try to tell me aren't AN related, but I've done research that proves otherwise. Besides, it all can't be coincidental..

Anyway, I haven't been on the site in a long time (started a new job...) but I'll try to get back into it and I'm here if you need to chat!

Gearbox123

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:11:38 pm »
Hi teetee503, I was told that I have 3mm tumor last April 2012 which has grown to whopping 3.5mm in early Jan this year 2013. I have had a lot of problems with this little sucker,headaches, earaches , fullness all the time , some tinnitus , but the worst thing is my balance, I walk like I am drunk and sometimes my trunk rocks back and forth or sways.  I have been to many neuro's and been told the same thing that this small tumor shouldn't be giving you that much troulbe. I am on my second round of vestibular therapy at Rusk Institute @NYU and that has been somewhat helpful , but no real cure, I just try to block it out most of time and go on with my life. It is a little harder to stay in the shape that I was in because the balance issues tire you out , your body is working overtime to keep itself upright. One ENT told me that she thought the tumor might be really pressing on the nerve, which is something the doctors can not really tell. If you can get to a surpport group they are very helpful. If you would like to chat some more feel free to contact me , hopefully I could be of some help. Good luck and be well.

cindyj

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:42 am »
Hi, and welcome!  We often hear about very small tumors causing symptoms...I had severe to moderate vertigo for many years prior to my diagnosis, so I'm sure it was tiny then as it was only about 1.2 when it was found.  I also had tinnitus for about 3.5 years before I was diagnosed...my guess is that it was still pretty small then, too.  It's as much a matter of location as it is size, I believe...

At any rate, you've found a great place to be - for information as well as support,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:39:02 am »
Tee Tee -

the strange thing about Acoustic Neuromas is that sometimes the smallest tumors cause the most/biggest symptoms and sometimes the largest tumors cause the least/smallest symptoms.  Often there is no rhyme or reason involved.

There's just really no way to tell if you have an AN without a MRI w/gadolinium contrast.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways