Author Topic: Tinnitus in the other ear?  (Read 2020 times)

eugd

Tinnitus in the other ear?
« on: November 23, 2007, 05:32:32 pm »
Does anyone ever get tinnitus in the Unaffected ear.  I have been getting tinnitus now and then over the year? does anyone else ever get a cross over since the surgery?
Eugene- Age 32
2.15 cm mass on the right nerve removed via the retro on 12/20/06. D.C. from the House Ear Institute on 12/23/06. Dr. Freidman, & Dr. Shwartz. were the doctors. No post opt. vertigo, hearing loss  or facial nerves damage.  No major post opt headaches.

Battyp

Re: Tinnitus in the other ear?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 07:14:14 pm »
I have. My tinnitus is in both ears. More predominately in the left (AN side) I notice it in the right at night when the house is quiet.

M

bpham

Re: Tinnitus in the other ear?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 08:08:40 pm »
Yes, exactly 10 days after surgery (Translab), my tinnitus noise had doubled in the AN side and the good side also got it too.  Also, the good side was losing hearing but now, after 2 months, it seems to be much better in the good side even though I have a scheduled check in Jan 2008 and see if it gets better or not.  The tinnitus now is better than at 10 day post-ops but a little worse than before surgery.
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.