Author Topic: Me and my new Baha hat  (Read 2627 times)

dpetty

Me and my new Baha hat
« on: April 07, 2008, 07:49:44 pm »
making a fashion statement, sorta old hat now as I have moved to just a bandage....

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Me and my new Baha hat
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:11:07 pm »
David -

nice hat  :D  It looks identical to mine!

I'm very intrigued with Lori's cake string version.  Have you seen it?

Thanks for sharing the pic,

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

dpetty

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:43:36 pm »
Yes I did see that, kinda odd looking, looks tough to get on. I sleep with my hat still as I don't want to wake up with a bloody pillow as it happened once when i was still healing from the brain tumor, what made it so bad was I was at a hotel....I hope this heals quicker than my 1st surgery, it took 3 years to fully heal as my scalp is pretty tight so at the top the incision it kept pulling apart.

David

lori67

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:43:15 am »
David,

You could have put headphones on and danced a little as you walked around.  People would have thought you were just listening to some really good music!

It looks pretty where you live - nice and green.  It's finally getting that way here.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

dpetty

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:50:07 am »
Well I have had alot of comments on my headgear, I've been telling them I got my head caught in a hay baler.....it's been pretty interesting to see some of the responses I have gotten after I had said that..... ;)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 12:15:02 pm »
Well I have had alot of comments on my headgear, I've been telling them I got my head caught in a hay baler.....it's been pretty interesting to see some of the responses I have gotten after I had said that..... ;)

My sister and I were trying to come up with things to tell people about my head gear.  We tried out war wound and land mind.  Definitely not very PC, but we amused ourselves  :D  And as we all know, sometimes you've just got to amuse yourself - especially when you've had people messing around in your brain and/or attaching an abutment to your skull.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways