Author Topic: An elderly friend needs prayers  (Read 3818 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
An elderly friend needs prayers
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:11:10 am »
Dear ANgels,

I come to you to ask you to pray for my friend (who is 92) and in Kiwanis Club with me. He has just been diagnosed with a large brain tumor. Operations are not something that he wants to undergo, I have given him my best recommendation for NY Presbyterian Hospital with Dr.Sisti perhaps that there is something that can be radiated.

But at this point, I do not know what to do, except to ask those of you who are so inclined to pray, he has done a great deal for our community as a generous man over the 50 plus years that he has been associated with the Kiwanis club.

I know that he does not have an AN per se.

Sorry to make this request, I hope your Thanksgiving Holiday was a pleasant one.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: An elderly friend needs prayers
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:40:44 pm »
Mike ~

Thanks for your concern regarding your fellow Kiwanian who, at 92, is facing a daunting situation.  I'll keep him in my prayers.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 02:05:38 pm »
I will also.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »
Dear Jim and Karen,

His attitude is good throughout all this he has an appointment with a Dr? Guy McKhann a neurological surgeon at NY Presbyterian ASAP. Quite frankly he says " you think he'll say I'm too old?" In fact his son thinks that the doc is intrigued by his age. Let's hope so!

Mike

Thank you so much!

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 01:02:21 pm »
My friend has opted for surgery. Please continue to pray.

Thanks,

Mike

Sheila1977

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »
I will think of him in my prayers.
7mm AN June 2011
Almost doubled in July 2012
Translab Sep 2012 at Kaiser San Diego

kerijacobs

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »
I hope it goes well. Thank you again for having a burden for your friends, maybe some you don't even know that well - but you share and we can pray.

I'm on a lot of military pages/ groups where we are praying for wounded warriors. So much sad stuff in the world (and that just sounds like a trite understatement). I know several moms from online support groups who have lost their sons as as result of suicide that is related to combat PTSD. I can't even comprehend / imagine that pain.

But, the Lord cares.. He's there for us. We can try to reach out and encourage and care for others and try to make a difference. And someday He will take all the pain and suffering away and will make all things new.

Keri

MDemisay

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »
Dear ANgels,

Good news!!! "All is ok". My friend came through without complications,no excessive bleeding, in surgery he had no breathing problems, they will send him to recovery soon. He's still asleep.

Thank you so much for keeping him in your prayers today! You people are terrific, I am so glad to call you my friends!!

The tumor is metastatic but  they don't know what type yet. I am sure that the surgeons knife was guided by God. It is truly fantastic that he survived.

Thank you for your support and comforting words.... There is probably a long recovery ahead the next 24, 24, 72 hours will be telling, at least he has some more time with his family. God bless the doctors at NY Presbyterian! They are truly exceptional!

Be well all!

Mike

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 05:11:56 pm »
Thanks for the update, Mike. 

Prayers will continue as your elderly friend begins his recovery. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.