Author Topic: It's Deja Vu Week (10/19/08) in the AN World  (Read 3206 times)

LADavid

It's Deja Vu Week (10/19/08) in the AN World
« on: October 19, 2008, 09:48:48 pm »
Now I know I'm getting old and I had one of those AN things, but I feel like I am repeating myself.  Is this what happens when all that brain stuff gets loose?  It's so confusing.  But I'll do my best.

Nestor from Buenos Aires is having AN surgery tomorrow.  I know I said that he was going to have it a few weeks ago.  But it didn't happen.  It was postponed due a sore throat.  Please keep us posted Nestor and have a very successful surgery.

On Tuesday, Nancy Drew is having GK surgery in Denver.  I guess this is a follow up since I could have sworn that she had surgery a few weeks ago. In any case, best wishes Nancy.

On Wednesday, Rivergirl is having a 4 month follow-up MRI.  May is the tube thing go quickly and not be annoying and may your MRI be spotless.

And lastly on Wednesday, Melissa778 (formerly known as Daydreamer) is having a GK at Beaumont Hospital in Royal, Oak Michigan.  For those of you who don't remember, Melissa had a translab back in the Spring.  Her AN was wrapped around her facial nerve.  Rather than disrupt her facial nerve, her surgeons decided to leave a portion of the AN and zap it with a GK.  For those of you facing an AN surgery, this is something you might want to discuss with your surgeons prior to surgery.  Hey Melissa, best wishes.  May this be the end of that thing.  Please let us know the results.

And that's this week in the AN world.  I do hope everyone is enjoying the Fall.  I know I am.  Have a great week.

David

Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

sgerrard

Re: It's Deja Vu Week (10/19/08) in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:04:11 pm »
This is rescheduled week. :)

I hope Nestor has recovered from the throat problem, and that the surgery goes great.

Nancy had her GK rescheduled to this week, so Tuesday is her big day. Best wishes Nancy.

Melissa was worrying about that GK follow up to her surgery, but it will easy in comparison. One last step.

And a spotless MRI for Rivergirl, of course.

Fall is great so far, enough leaves to set the mood, but not so many that it is annoying to rake them all. Halloween is coming soon.  :o

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Melissa778

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 05:53:51 am »
Thanks for the post and the vote of confidence.  I'm feeling good about my upcoming GK.  i know I dont' post much anymore, but I still lurk!!  Life has been busy and I try not to focus on my AN so much.  And with two little ones at home and working fulltime, I really only have a minute to lurk here and there :)  I'll certainly post later this week to let all know how things go :)

Melissa
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 06:35:48 am »
A wonderful job as usual, David!

Good luck to All!  You will be in the thoughts & prayers of many!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 01:19:40 pm »
David,
Thanks for the reminders on who's having what this week -- great job as always! ;D

Best wishes to Nestor, Nancy, Rivergirl and Melissa.  I hope to see updates for all of you soon.  You will all be in my thoughts and prayers this week.

Wishing all of you only good things,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »
Good luck everyone! 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 12:39:26 am »
Thinking of all of you, and hoping everything goes smoothly! 

thanks David for keeping us all up to date.  You are the bomb, as they say.  Hollywood "air" kisses to you.   :-* :-*

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ColoradoGal

• Can I make you a margarita?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 10:47:42 am »

On Tuesday, Nancy Drew is having GK surgery in Denver.  I guess this is a follow up since I could have sworn that she had surgery a few weeks ago. In any case, best wishes Nancy.

The doctor postponed Nancy's GK surgery a couple weeks ago, and she just had it this week Tuesday.  I've not yet heard the outcome and was browsing the AN site hoping to find an update.   Any news, anyone?
2.5cm x 2.8cm debulked Aug 2008 at Barrows
retrosig, Spetzler & Weisskopf
post-op SSD, but all the facial stuff is working!

cindyj

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 10:59:37 am »
No news from Nancy that I've seen.  I PM'd her, but haven't heard back - hopefully, she's just taking it very easy and will give us an update soon...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 04:37:42 pm »
No news from Nancy that I've seen.  I PM'd her, but haven't heard back - hopefully, she's just taking it very easy and will give us an update soon...

Cindy

Nancy did post -  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7839.0 .  She is doing very well.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.