Author Topic: A place to vent  (Read 81915 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: A place to vent
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2007, 02:56:24 pm »
Thanks so much for everyone's suggestions re: my crappy prescription drug benefit.  Good thing none of my meds actually help keep me alive, but most of them seem to offer a quality-of-life benefit.  I called my insurer, who assured me that I really was not all that screwed.  Apparantly I recieve a bit (a wee bit) of a "discount" anyway after my benefit was used up.  I've gone off the expensive anti-depressants and sleep meds, and I plan to beg Imitrex injectable samples from my doc, your doc, and anybody else's doc that I can think of.  I'll message my address to anyone who can get it! Everything else I'm on is generic except my HRT which I refuse to give up.  Hot flashes were keeping me awake all night, and lack of sleep is a huge headache trigger for me.

Thanks again
See you in Philly!

Capt Deb 8)

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2007, 05:36:20 am »
Okay, now I need to check my insurance for the fine print.  Because my meds change so often my docs give me samples as often as they can and I do ask for them.  All of my deductibles went up for scripts.  My docs have started writing a stronger dosage for me so that I get double the pills.  If I receive a sample that doesn't work I take it back to the doctor so that she can recycle. 
Sounds like it is time for a Boston Drug Party!  Keeping you in my prayers, Capt. Deb.
Hugs,
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Windsong

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2007, 09:41:47 pm »
Off topic re geraniums..... what eats them?

I was at my summer shack today and discovered a bunch of geraniums were not only uprooted and lying on their sides in this flower bed, but someone/something had chomped off flowers and stalks... i know we have raccoons around and deer and squirrels and chipmunks.... but eating gernaiums???? never had this happen before....
any ideas about this are welcome, thank you!  ???
windsong

Cheryl R

« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2007, 07:06:51 am »
I have had raccoons dig up my plants in the pots on the deck.  Very maddening!      Also have seen chipmunks do it in a pot on a table.                Something is chewing on my husbands hostas too.    Probably deer or rabbits.   I live in the country.             I have heard someone say they are using a product called Liquid Fence on their hostas  with some success.       It has to be redone after a rain though.              Surprised me though to hear of the plants being dug out of the ground.     
                                         Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Windsong

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2007, 11:15:59 am »
Thanks... i'll go check out that liquid fence.... my hostas disappeared too a couple of years ago...i only have one left lol... i know the deer have wandered through.... the squirrels tend to dig in the potted plants.. I'm tempted to scatter river stones around all of them...... one neighbour out there has put moth balls in her pots lol....the one thing that hasn't been touched is all the herbs growing in various pots and the begonias!... oh and the petunias....

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2007, 04:53:37 pm »
I know what works for us with varmints! Dr Love pees around the perimeter of our yard. It really works! No we don't have neighbors who can see. lots of trees and woods surround our house. Don't tell him I posted this.

Capt Deb

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2007, 05:29:57 pm »
Bin lingering a bit without posting much and spotted this one - very aptly named.

i was watching an old episode of Enterprise on pay tv last night which i was hoping could happen here. the captain's head was infiltrated with bacteria from a different time line. It meant that he could only remember stuff before the invasion and the entire future time line was nasty until the good old doctor created a cure and as soon as those invaders were expelled from his head, the original time line re-appeared. Now where am i going with this (I don't know really, just venting!!!). Anyway, everything liveed happily ever after once those b....s were zapped. Kinda like our AN's really. Bring on Dr Flox and his magical cure - we don't want any more headaches.
Slight problem with the cure but - need the power of a warp engine to generate enough zap to zap the beasties. As warp speed (greater than the speed of light) is deemed virtually impossible, we may be waiting a while.

Sorry guys, but feel better after kicking the cat so to speak.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Static

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2007, 07:02:34 pm »
OMG Deb, that cracked me up so much!!! and after reading all those vents and thinking about my own, I really needed it!!! LOL   
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Betsy

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2007, 08:04:01 pm »
Deb, I love it!  You can buy "predator pee" at farm stores, but it's much more fun to use the home-made variety.  Thanks for the smile!
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2007, 09:04:00 pm »
Tell my dear Dr. Lurrrrrrrrve that he has now one-upped me vs. my crying baby canadian goose.... Dr. Lurrrrve is one sick (but funny!) puppy! You can tell him I said that! :)

xoxoxoxo

I know what works for us with varmints! Dr Love pees around the perimeter of our yard. It really works! No we don't have neighbors who can see. lots of trees and woods surround our house. Don't tell him I posted this.

Capt Deb
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2007, 05:12:16 am »
I got my laugh of the day!  Thank you all for that one!  As a former hairdresser, at the end of the business day I had a couple of farmers who would come in and get my haircuttings of the day.  They placed the hair around their gardens or whatever they didn't want disrupted.  They provided the bags so the hair was kept seperate from the other garbage.  I thought that they were a little looney until I had dear getting into my vegetable garden.  I put some around my plot and no more deer...........I put a salt lick in the field for the deer.
ust my two cents................Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2007, 09:53:04 am »
What I don't get is how a forum member can begin flaming other members posts, then proceed to hurl vulgar personal insults  at other members in particular, and send threatening personal messages, get banned from the Discussion forum for life, then less than a year later begin to post again under an alias and then finally start signing his own name again like nothing happened. I don't care how smart or well-informed this guy thinks he is. Banned for life is banned for life in my book.  This person is just thumbing his nose at the forum administrators with no consequences. You all know who this is. Time to let your feelings be known to the ANA folks.

Capt Deb 8)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:59:12 am by Captain Deb »

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2007, 08:46:02 pm »
here here Deb,

laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Static

« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2007, 08:13:03 am »
I believe that same guy is why I left the old forum (list serv), he was always starting arguments with someone and seemed to know everything.  It seemed like everyday it was influx of mail that was a bunch of arguments and fighting and I just couldn't take it anymore so I left.  This forum is much better but .... BUT.... the nonsense is still totally uncalled for.
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

matti

« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2007, 10:54:06 am »
Static - I agree with you and is the same reason why I left several years ago. I needed support and comfort, but many times I was chastised for not understanding the scientific side of AN. I understand that it is difficult for some to show a caring side and may show it in other ways, but this AN journey can be rough at times and the last place I want to feel worse, is on this forum.  Thank goodness for Raydean and Chet who always kept me afloat.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50