Author Topic: MRI results  (Read 27795 times)

lholl36233

Re: MRI results
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 03:10:01 am »
I got the results of my last MRI in Boston within an hour.  It should not be so difficult to get results.     
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

sarah001

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 06:04:46 am »
I have at last got a letter today  :) it said thank you for undergoing your recent MR scan, I am pleased to inform you it was reported as normal, I am pleased it was clear but wish it had been done with contrast as why do I have the symptoms, I have constant tinnitus numbness in the side of my face, full feeling in my ear & dizzy spells, I am also constantly tired, thank you everyone for all your kind words and help over the last couple of months and I would like to wish you all well for the future.

Kind Regards
Sarah

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 10:57:42 am »
Sarah .....

Thanks for letting us know what the letter said.  However, some red flags here ..... a small AN (that may be causing all kinds of symptoms) can be missed on an MRI done without contrast.  Plus, is your doctor aware of all these symptoms?  Are they getting worse?  Or do they come and go?

Also, I think it is unforgivable to stress you out with a month-long delay in giving you the results.  You didn't know it was normal!!

I would strongly urge you to stay on top of any change in your symptoms and immediately ask for an MRI with contrast if any changes are noted.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011