Author Topic: dont know what to do  (Read 9836 times)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: dont know what to do
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:26 pm »
Suzana .....

I sent you a PM with addresses for several doctors/facilities in the U.S.

By the way, House Ear Clinic is in Los Angeles, CA.  Stanford Medical Center (well-known for CyberKnife) is in San Francisco.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

suzana242

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 06:26:49 am »
Dear Clarice,

Yes I receive your pm. Thank you .I will contact them and will update you on the outcome.

Dear Mike, Yes I dont mind travelling if I'm schedule for some treatment but if just to travel just to get some consultation, financially I cant afford that.   :P

My boss , family promise to help in .  :)

One again Thank you All and may God bless you.

:-*

suzana
knew about A.N. 9th Oct 2013
size 8mm-7mm-6mm
Don't know what to do :(

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 01:48:07 pm »
Dear Suzana,

I believe that if you have your MRI's and reports you can get them copied and sent. The doctors in America give free consultations by mail. I live in New York and at the time I couldn't see travelling to San Fransisco to get a consultation from the House Clinic or to Pittsburg, Pennsylvania to get one from UPMC. Both doctors with whom I had corresponded (in 2004) have moved to other hospitals. But you see my point, get copies of your MRI's and reports and send them out for a second opinion. Dr. Friedman was in the House Clinic and Dr. Kondizulka moved and is doing business in New York University Hospital.

Now is good as ever to start, don't let the distance stop you. You want the best care possible.

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:04 pm »
Suzana, your story sounds similar to mine - friends, company, colleagues, all chipped in to send me abroad for my last surgery! ;)

Good luck and get as many opinions as you can and compare - doctor experience, which surgical method is recommended, prices, availability, etc. and keep us posted!

Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

suzana242

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 06:51:12 am »
Dear Hrissy  :-*,

we are unlucky to be infected by a.n. but we are lucky on the hand for having boss, relatives, friends and online friends that are so DEAR.

Mike , thank you .  I will fight to preserve this remaining hearing and Clarice  :-* has given me some names .

honesty before this  I never appreciate the hearing I have until I about to lose one.

but it is ok at least I have one ear that can still hear.   :)
size 8mm-7mm-6mm

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:16 am »
Wonderful attitude, Suzana!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 09:11:17 am »
Dear Suzana,

I concur with Clarice here, it is extremely helpful to have a good attitude and it will make you more grateful for the stuff that remains (like your sense of humor)!!One good thing about all this mess is that after your operation if you turn your good ear into your pillow you'll find yourself able to get a good nights sleep (at least I do)!

It is perhaps the only advantage we SSD people have being able to turn a deaf ear! I will pray that you get answers soon. Be well and don't worry. You are among people who understand what you are going through, and care about you even though we are distant.

Take care and post often.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 07:50:34 pm »
That's the spirit, Suzana! :) Keep, you'll need it!

Mike, I "hear" you on the SSD benefit of not hearing your alarm ;) my husband always complains how the alarm wakes him up but not me :D

Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

suzana242

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 07:07:18 am »
Dear All,

cheers for the SSD ppl. we can choose what to hear and what not to hear.  8)
Thank you All for making my days a hopeful one. 3/2 weeks ago I felt crushed, devastated and alone. Now I can see light at the end of the tunnel.   
I'm anxious to write to the physician recommended by Clarice and Terry.

And for sure I will share my experience and hope it will benefits others like how I benefit from your experiences.

Have a bless day/life to All  :-*

size 8mm-7mm-6mm

theshawn65

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 03:00:27 pm »
Whatever you decide don't just take a doctors word as gospel as it's your head they are talking about not their own. They are human just like you and prone to prejudices within their professions like we all are in our own.

If mine was your size I might have waited as I read a couple studies that covered AN patients in the watch and wait position that had approx 50% reporting zero growth over a 2 1/2 year period.. Zero you heard that right.

http://www.thebarrow.org/Education_And_Resources/Barrow_Quarterly/203363

http://www.audiology.org/news/Pages/20100517.aspx

I'm not recommending you wait and watch because it's your head/brain an no one elses. Just please take your time and don't jump on the first few opinions but give yourself time to think it all through and decide what's best for your life situation. Also, try to remember those with issues are more likely to post/talk about them than someone who had radiation or surgery successfully and just moved on with life. This can make it seem like more have problems/complications than actually do in reality and increase fear where it's not warranted if just based on the facts.

Good luck Suzana

2.2 x 2.2 x 2.3cm AN -- 3 FSR LINAC Oct 23-25th 2013

suzana242

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 11:30:20 pm »
Hi Theshawn65,

Thank you for your concern. I'm anxious about waiting. watch and wait for 6 months from now for the next mri is the longest I can wait. I'm worried that if I wait anymore longer than this and found another symptom arising. I'm 43 years old and I'm the bread winner for my family and I cannot afford to think what if one day I wake up and I have the tinnitus or problem balancing and have to be on wheel chair, who will support my mother, brother and children?

I don't hv any insurance coverage and currently I'm working and my superior is very generous to help me some financially. 

After hearing how easy and painless the radiosurgery/treatment successfully perform by some of the fellow forum contributor . it did give me some strength and go for it and finish it by then. Hope the cost is not so expensive. Do you know the estimation cost?

If I cannot afford it financially then the only option I have is to pray harder and hope the tumor will go away.

Best Rgds

suzana
size 8mm-7mm-6mm