Author Topic: almost 2 weeks post op - really bad soreness and bruising...  (Read 1609 times)

bdsgurl

almost 2 weeks post op - really bad soreness and bruising...
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:58:30 pm »
is this normal almost 2 weeks post op...my ear hurts so bad i dont want anything or anyone to touch it...my hubby and mom say it looks real bruised, but that it did a while back also, why am i just now starting to feel it so much? Its sooooooo sore???? anyone else have this?

kenneth_k

Re: almost 2 weeks post op - really bad soreness and bruising...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:39:31 am »
Hi,

I think it's quite normal to have a sore ear following surgery. My ear was sore for weeks, then scratchy, now it's a bit numb but close to normal. These things apparantly takes time to heal.

If it looks infected, however, you may want to have it looked at by a doctor.

Regards, Kenneth.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:58:15 am »
Bdsgurl ~

I didn't have this issue but I understand that a sore ear is not uncommon following AN surgery.  A call to your doctor - just to let him know what's happening - might be worth your time.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Jwh

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 11:16:14 am »
Ok....  I'm not sure if this makes sense or not but............ my grandmother use to tell me that you can't feel more then one pain at a time.  For instance maybe your double vision subsided now your focusing on another pain that probably was already there?????  I'm noticing that throughout my recovery.  I guess it makes sense ;)

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 11:58:49 am »
bdsgurl:

I don't know that my ear was bruised after surgery, but most that side of my head was numb for some time. I think the Drs folded my ear forward for the surgery then keps it that way with the bandage that was 2 sizes too small for my head. I don't remember how long it took before I realized that my ear did hurt. Even when my staples came out 10 days post-op, I didn't feel that either.

I would call the Dr. or mention it if you have your post-op visit soon.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.