Author Topic: Just diagnosed  (Read 5467 times)

stereo

Re: Just diagnosed
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 08:24:30 pm »
Met with Dr. Lundy at Mayo in Jacksonville. He put me at ease, saying that with the AN as small as mine, he'd would not want to treat it unless he knew it was growing. My symptoms would only worsen with treatment. He suggested I give it 6 months and have another MRI, unless my symptoms get worse.

Bob
1.5 cm by 8 mm
Discovered 4/18/06

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 08:35:52 pm »
Bob, I would like to think, at least to this point, that I am a success story for side affects.  I had a 1.75cm on my right side.  It was removed 3 weeks ago.  I have almost no side affects, other than the little bit of dizziness.  In just three weeks I can walk almost normally, I jogged around the block with my dog today and even got on my bike just to see what would happen.  It wasn't too bad although I'm not ready to ride a long way yet, but heck its only been three weeks and some are a year into recovery and not even walking well yet, so I feel blessed.  With the smaller tumors, those under 2cm, my doctors advised taking care of them as soon as possible if they are growing.  Once they reach the 2cm mark it becomes a different story as far as side affects.

Am I an expert?  Heck no, not even close but only relaying my experience and what my medical advisors have told me.  Good luck on the next MRI and stay tuned to what these wonderful people on this forum have to tell you.  They saved me a lot of fear going into my surgery because I knew what to expect on the other side.
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO

lmurray69

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 08:42:59 pm »
HI Bob ,I too am a bird lover my birds are 36 of them amazon down to finches,,I have a 1.5 cm left side an . feel free to talk anytime ...
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/