Author Topic: Keep your fingers crossed - I think we're going to House  (Read 2743 times)

nipanddale

Keep your fingers crossed - I think we're going to House
« on: June 18, 2006, 09:30:25 pm »
Hi everyone,

After much deliberation and lots of data gathering I think we are going to House, and if we do, we're going next week. YIKES!!!!

Tomorrow morning I've got to make sure my insurance is kosher, take care of my medical leave, and some other loose ends and then I'm off to buy plane tickets.

I know somebody from this forum does travel arrangements, but I can't remember who - if anyone knows please let me know asap.

Anyway - wish me luck for now.

Norma
3.5cm Diagnosed June 2006 - Removed June 28, 2006
House Ear Clinic - Los Angeles, CA
Surgical Doctors: Brackmann, Hitselberger, Kutz, and Stefan
CFS Leak Doctor: Friedman
Follow-up Doctor: Cullen

Entire tumor removed
Facial nerve intact

Today is a good day!

Battyp

Re: Keep your fingers crossed - I think we're going to House
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 06:23:34 am »
Best of Luck to you and Dale!  I'm sure it will be money well spent!

Desilu

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:42:44 pm »
Hi Norma,

Your husband will be in good hands! Dr. Brackmann is a really nice guy. You will understand what I mean when you meet with him. Do you know who is going to be the neurosurgeon?

You will be amazed at how organized they are at House Ear Institute and St. Vincent's Hospital. AN patients have their own floor at the hospital and the care you receive is unbelievable.

Will you be staying at Seton Hall while your husband is in the hospital? It is very convenient because there is a tunnel from the hospital to Seton Hall and you don't even have to go outside if you don't want to. The price is very reasonable also.

Please keep us posted, you and your husband are in my prayers.   Ann
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 05:26:00 pm by Desilu »
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Obita

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:06:52 pm »
Nip and Dale:

Great news.  The decision is made.  You must be so relieved.  Best of luck in the comming week(s). 

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:43:44 pm »
Nipanddale, I have my fingers crossed. I believe House is the absolute best if you are going with surgical removal. Glad to see you have made the big decision...that seems to be half the battle. :)
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Derek

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 06:24:30 pm »
Best of luck from the UK for a successful and speedy recovery. From the mountains of research I have done I do believe you have made the right choice.
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

nipanddale

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:54:20 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the responses and positive energy that you are sending our way. We got clear with insurance, now I'm just waiting to hear if there is an opening at Seton Hall, once I know tomorrow I will book our flights. I'm hoping the cost of airfare doesn't go up too much overnight - especially since I don't know when we are coming back. Not knowing how to book the return flight is the toughest thing - oh well I've come this far there is no turning back now.

Thanks everyone,

Norma
3.5cm Diagnosed June 2006 - Removed June 28, 2006
House Ear Clinic - Los Angeles, CA
Surgical Doctors: Brackmann, Hitselberger, Kutz, and Stefan
CFS Leak Doctor: Friedman
Follow-up Doctor: Cullen

Entire tumor removed
Facial nerve intact

Today is a good day!