Author Topic: It's MRI Time Again!  (Read 6005 times)

Vivian B.

It's MRI Time Again!
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:26:43 am »
Hi everybody,

I am going in the tube on May 3/2010 and I will get my results on May 5/2010. May last MRI was sometime in September 09 at which time they could not confirm growth of 1mm. It could have been margin of error. I can't believe I have been on W & W technically since I was diagnosed in March 09, a little over one year. It's been a long year and I have come to learn a lot about myself througout this journey which is by no means over yet. My last MRI was at Sunnybrook hospital which is where my neurosurgeon is. This time it will be at the Toronto Western Hospital which is where the gammaknife clinic is and my neurosurgeon also works out of that clinic during the week. My last MRI went o.k. although I was nervous, I managed to go through it pretty well. I hope this time it will be the same. I have mixed feelings though, I know and don't know what to expect. I know and don't know what to do next. Confusing?? I will let you know my results and we will take it from there. I am so glad I have this place to come to and share this experience. We can all help each other make decisions together. Although ultimately as we all know, we each have to be comfortable with our decision. There are so many more of us on this forum and yet this condition is still considered so rare. Why is that? I am trying to keep track here and there of people's progress on the forum but sometimes I find it difficult. But I still think of everybody and I still pray and wish everybody well.

Vivian

CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

briansmome

Re: It's MRI Time Again!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:29 am »
I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow and am a bit nervous myself. I will see my doctor for the results immediately following so that part is good. Keep us posted on how things go for you!
4.2 cm cerebellopontine angle tumor; resected 6/09. About 20% remains; last MRI showed no subsequent growth :) Stroke during surgery; dealing with after effects of that but better every day!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:44:35 am »
Hey Vivian (and Brian too!)

Vivian, visits to the "tube o' gloom" aren't fun, but remind yourself of their necessity and boy have you learned a LOT of the past year. :)  So, you know I'm cheering you on.... take that deep breath..... still keeping in mind the "Margin of error".... and hang tough m'dear! :) You know I'm thinking of ya!

good luck to you both for your visits to the Tube this week! Will look for the updates!

Good vibes to you both!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jackie

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 12:59:54 pm »
Dear Vivian and Brian,

Wishing you the best of outcomes for your MRI, up and coming. Do as I do, take the help that they offer, and just relax, pray for great results.

Blessings to you both, and all of the rest of the ANA members,
Jackie in Oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Vivian B.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 01:04:46 pm »
Thank you so much for such quick repllies. I will think of all your advice and comfort that you have offered while I am glooming in the tube.

Brian good luck, keep us posted.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

jerseyboy

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 07:28:57 pm »
Hey Vivian,
Be strong, because you are, and you can do this.  If we all do, and we're basically wimps, you can, too.
jerseyboy
Watch and wait since May 2009.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:11:11 pm »
Vivian,

Wishing you the best always.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Vivian B.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:28:34 pm »
Hi Anne Marie and Jerseyboy,

Thank you both for your good wishes. Still hanging in there and counting the days!

Vivian

DHJ

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:21 pm »
   Hi Vivian     Had my fourth MRI 2 weeks ago and will stay in the Wait and Watch mode for at least 6 more months.YAY. I now ask for the mirror during MRIs. It is affixed to the head bracket and allows me to see out of the TUBE. Made a world off difference for me during MRIs. Good Luck    Dave
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear

amye

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 09:47:03 pm »
Hi Vivian;

Best wishes for a good outcome! We were diagnosed around the same time last year...it's been quite a ride, hasn't it? I, too, am struggling to make a decision about treatment. I've had no growth so I remain in W&W in spite of symptoms. The limbo gets exhausting! Please keep us posted on how things go.

Cheers,
Amy

briansmome

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 08:38:39 am »
Tumor is shrinking!!! Will have follow up MRI in about four months.
4.2 cm cerebellopontine angle tumor; resected 6/09. About 20% remains; last MRI showed no subsequent growth :) Stroke during surgery; dealing with after effects of that but better every day!

Lizard

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 09:40:07 am »
Tumor is shrinking!!! Will have follow up MRI in about four months.

Great news!
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Vivian B.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 12:40:50 pm »
Hi Dave,

Great news.

Amye, that's right we have been in the same paddle boat together. A decision will definitely need to come soon otherwise we will flip the boat.

Briansmome - Great news.

Thank you everyone.

Vivian