Author Topic: 7 Month Stanford MRI Results  (Read 2933 times)

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
7 Month Stanford MRI Results
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:27:08 pm »
Hey Gang: fyi- I had my first MRI results from Stanford. Lucky me had great results. The tumor has shrunk by 4 mm.  Much better outcome than what I was prepared for. 

Chang also saw 2 mm shrinkage on one side but as that falls into the MRI margin of error anyways, he called that a wash.

Audio gram still is same- so I still have 50% hearing loss on left side- which I think is great ( I had expected decreased hearing).

No black spots, some grey area in tumor but Chang said color was not really an indication of necrosis anyways and not to be worried about that.

Thanks for all your support and help these past months. I really feel blessed to have such great cheerleaders as all of you in my life.

Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Mark

Re: 7 Month Stanford MRI Results
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:20:51 pm »
Annie,

congrats on the positive MRI results and comments from Dr. Chang. It should keep getting better from here as well  :)

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

marystro

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:21:27 pm »
Congrats!! Annie.  Great news!  I am looking forward to my "shrinkage"...
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 06:47:52 am »
Annie,

This is great news. I flew out-of-State to go to Stanford from my AN treatment. I was much impressed with my medical treatment there (never been to that part of CA prior to surgery). My Stanford surgeon’s left residual tumor around the facial nerve… as it was so incased with the sticky AN. The nerve probes were activated prior to closure with good results- so I am gaining confidence now as I see some VERY small resolve in my face at almost 5 weeks post surgery.

I have mentally prepared that IF there is re-growth - I will have to go for GK. I am reading so many great things about Dr. Chen - his precision and results … that IF I need this I am again prepared to fly all the way to Stanford. Your testimony here confirms this.

50% residual hearing is actually awesome. :)

So pleased for you that you, too, had good results at Stanford.  ;D

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 10:25:21 pm »
Annie,

Nice. Since I am following in your footsteps, that is especially great to hear. 4mm shrinkage is an excellent result for 6 months. I think I would take shrinkage over visible necrosis any day. Plus your hearing is unchanged. Such a deal. Have a fractionated margarita to celebrate.  :D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jackie

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 10:29:10 am »
Hello Annie,

Fantastic news about your MRI results!! Good for you!!! It's always so encouraging to others when we experience these great positive results!!! May your journey continue to be positive!!

Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 12:59:19 pm »
Thanks gang-I really appreciate it.  And Steve, your comment about the fractionated margarita is muy bien!  Too funny.  I do think of tequila is drug- but maybe it's the radiation liquor of all liquors! 

When I think about my tequila experiences of the past, it is highly fractional! ::)

Take care gang- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys