Author Topic: Vision Problem Question  (Read 2495 times)

lthompson

Vision Problem Question
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:07:40 am »
Hi, I have a question for you guys.  For the past 4 mornings I have been waking up with a round spot in my visual field in both eyes that lasts for about a second then disappears.  Every time I blink or open and close my eyes it is there for about 5 minutes or so.  It will usually disappear after I am fully awake and my eyes are focusing.  It only happens first thing in the morning and not any other time of day.  It does not happen in the middle of the night after I had been sleeping and I get up to go to the bathroom, only in the morning right when I wake up.  I had been to the eye doctor previously because I had been experiencing what she calls ocular migraines, but they were different then what I am experiencing now.  My eye exam showed nothing physically wrong.  Retina, optic nerve looked great.  I do have severe strabismus, which has gotten worse with age, had it since I was 3 years old.  I haven't had any surgery to correct the strabismus, but after I have my AN treated I will have the surgery.  I do have a 8mm left sided AN still in the IAC.  Have known about it for over 2 years, MRIs every 6 mos, no growith. 100% hearing and very minor symptoms.  So I have not had it treated as of yet.  I don't believe my current vision problem is related to the AN, but wanted to get your thoughts.  I do currently see a neuro-opthamologist in NYU Medical Center and I have an appointment with him on Monday.  My biggest fear is that I have another tumor of the brain in addition to the acoustic.  Has anyone else experienced this before?

Battyp

Re: Vision Problem Question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 08:01:18 pm »
I have a blury eye on my an side when I get up in the morning...like you said it's not like that if I get up in the middle of the night just upon wakening.  I'm not sure why but I usually squirt some eye drops in and it clears it up.  I've had my eyes tested and they are moist enough.  I wonder if the ceiling fan or a/c are drying them out while I sleep as maybe it's not closing all the way?

Boppie

Re: Vision Problem Question
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 08:34:44 pm »
Michele, Do you have allergies that affect your eye?  A room or ceiling fan will make the eye and sinuses act worse.