Author Topic: Ck vs Gk....GK vs CK....hhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2792 times)

Pascale

Ck vs Gk....GK vs CK....hhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 18, 2008, 07:56:25 am »
Hello all

I have decided to do CK at Stanford and have the date set for Sept 8th....then, a doctor I've been keeping in touch, from France, told me it would be a mistake to use CK for AN treatment as CK is better used for non-cranial radiation. He states the GK is the best way to go to treat cranial tumors, such as ANs.... He also states that CK is prohibited in France in regards to treating cranial tumors...

I did see the table (comparing CK to GK) but now I am so confused ...AGAIN!...

:((((((((((((

I really don't know what I would like to see you guys write...I am just so tired of all this and wish there was only ONE way to go for the treatment of this "bugger"  :P

2.1 x 1.8 x 1.7 cm AN.
CyberKnife treatment completed on 09/12/2008 with Dr. Chang and Dr. Gibbs at Stanford.

:D

sgerrard

Re: Ck vs Gk....GK vs CK....hhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 08:37:30 am »
Don't get your CK in France, I guess.

CK is used for treating ANs in the US. Stanford alone has done over 700 ANs with CK, with 99% success. It doesn't get any better than that.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 02:14:26 pm »
pascale,

Please tell this dr in France that I (and Mark and Steve and Lorenzo as well as many others) are walking proof that CK works just fine for cranial treatments (ie: AN's). 

Stanford is certainly proven themselves in the CK treatments of AN's.... heck, CK is their baby (John Adler, etc).  Mark had his CK on his AN (I believe) over 7-8 yrs ago and heck, he was treated at Stanford and is doing fine.

do what you think is best for your and your situation.  You will know... and once you do... never look back.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ColorLady

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 06:25:15 am »
Hmmmm. Color Lady here just off of 5 days of CK at Beth Israel in Boston and feeling WAY happy about it. I'm no expert but I don't think France has even had Cyberknife. Just found this link on the internet with an announcement that France is going to purchase 3 Cyberknikfe machines. It is dated March 2008. From the text, it seems like they have not HAD Cyberknife, which could explain why it hasn't been used for AN's there. I found another link to an article that Switzerland is just now buying their first Cyberknife. So these countries may not have much (or any) experience with this machine. Here's the link: http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=165248

Or maybe that's not the the reason the French doc said that. If I were you, I'd ask him why he believes that CK is not used for the treatment of ANs.
The docs at BI told me that Cyberknife can treat all forms of brain tumors. In fact, it can treat tumors anywhere in the body.

Donna

okiesandy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 11:40:52 am »
CK is best used for intercranial tumors. That is it's forte. There are CK machines in France. I was there last October and there was a big deal on TV about it.
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 12:13:25 pm »
Hey Pascale!

did you start CK yesterday (as you note above?)

Hey Sandy, also hearing great news about CK use on prostate cancer.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 08:28:15 am »
Hi Pascale,

are you done with the Cyber knife? actually does the procedure take more than aday?

how are you?

Hope you have a textbook recovery!

Best
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co