Author Topic: Botox  (Read 2831 times)

cinnamon

Botox
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:41:37 am »
Okay for those of you who have had botox, I have a question or two.

Do you have bruising or noticable drooping around the eye? Is maybe a half of an injection enough to make any difference? I have synkineses (not spelled right?) with my forehead when I try to smile big. Also, my good side has so many wrinkles around the eye that you can tell how hard I am trying to smile. I think I want to make it not so noticable. Any help would be great. I am really nervous about actually getting injections but this is extremely important to me.

Lisa
2.0 cm tumor removed suboccipital on 07-20-06
Left side facial paralysis and deaf ear. Just now researching hearing aid after 6 years!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Botox
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:30:03 am »
Lisa,

Haven't had Botox, I know a lot of people who have.  You might want to investigate it a little further.  I've read a lot lately that states that Botox is seeping into the brain and is doing damage.  My doc has stopped doing it until she can further research the research.

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:04:47 am »
I had Botox treatments every 3 months for 2 years to treat headaches from the occipital nerve.  When the nerve would fire up, it would trigger the muscles to contract causing more pain in my head, neck and shoulder. The Botox made it harder for the muscles to react to the stimulation of the occiptial nerve. It didn't take away the pain but it did reduce it and I felt better. I had recent surgery to fix the source of the problem and I no longer need the Botox. If I didn't have the surgery, I would still be using the Botox, as it did improve my quality of life.  My insurance covered it. The injections were only a slight discomfort and I was willing to try anything for some relief.

Best Wishes,
Janet

Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.

cinnamon

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:14:00 pm »
I did decide to have the botox in my corigator which was very noticable on my forehead when I smile or pucker. Now, it is no longer raised enabling me to really work my face to prevent the need for the botox hopefully by the time it wears off. I didn't really like the feeling but it really makes a difference now not having that muscle raise every time. I think now, I am going to look into accupuncture. My face has been improving quite well since I have been seeing a facial therapist for a year now but I want to try something new.

Lisa
2.0 cm tumor removed suboccipital on 07-20-06
Left side facial paralysis and deaf ear. Just now researching hearing aid after 6 years!