Author Topic: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- WITH apple dumplins! Sunday, April 18, 2010  (Read 34351 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Oh, what a great looking bunch of people!!  And, those apple dumplings look AMAZING!!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
I always enjoy viewing the pictures.  Those apple dumplings look so yummy!
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

MLB57

:'(  HI Eveyone,

What great photos of everyone--I felt like crying when I saw the gathering outside the bus---I really missed you guys and come Hell or high water I won't miss the next one--Oct 17!!!  :D

However I am a Grammy again!!  Dylan Jacob was born Sat April 17 at 12:45 (noonish)... 8 lbs 15 ozs, 20 1/2 inches.  Has dark hair and dark grey eyes--my first grandson, Matthew has blue eyes so I'm hoping now Jacob will have brown like my son... So I was in RI all weekend with my family..   ;D

Am going into Boston tomorrow for my year and  a half MRI at Mass General for 8 AM and then 10:15 to see Dr Loeffler... I checked to be sure my blood workup was faxed to Mass General last week, then Judith Romano left a message today on my home phone about the fax needed from my primary care MD.. UGH!!  Too late now to get back to anyone so I'm off early tomorrow and wish me luck that this will get done tomorrow... And most importantly that my MRI looks good!!  Will keep ya all posted!!  ;D

Best always, Mary (aka Grammy Mary--Matthew calls me "Mimi" now.. how sweet!!)...  ::)
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Julianne

• Juli
Great pictures, Phyl. Thank you to you and Jane for organizing it. It was touching to see how close you are to the staff at the restaurant. It was great to meet everyone and exchange stories and advice. My husband and I enjoyed our first lunch with you all and will come again!
Julianne
Suboccipital surgery on 4/25/08 at Mass General Hospital by Drs. McKenna and Barker. SSD on left side and normal hearing on right. Having trouble with Phonak brand CROS hearing aids and neck stiffness.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Beautiful pictures, Phyl.

Is that the bloke in the orange shirt?

Congrats on the new grandson, Mary!

Jan

PS - any way to import those apple dumplins for the next ANA Symposium??
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
GrammyMary2!!!! (2 as in 2 grandkids... "squared") :)  MAJOR congrats on the new arrival!!!!!!!!!!!! You were VERY sorely missed and let us know how the appt went!

Juli, it was absolutely fantastic to meet you both! I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you, but as you witnessed, I'm a fluttering butterfly, running all around during the brunches (the gang learned that last year when I was at the ANA symposium....)  Looking forward to seeing you both at the next brunch.

Jan.... yep, da bloke in orange t-shirt (had just purchased that for him in San Fran...)  ... apple dumplins at the next symposium? Hmmmm.... dunno if by Brazilian Nut can do that many! :)

Glad you all enjoyed!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Well, the bloke is a right handsome man  ;D
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LisaP

Hi All,

The pictures are great, thanks again Phyl for organizing the event.  Best picture is you with your hubby with those dumplings.  Funniest picture is Kathy McDonald's husband looks scared with me stanidng next to him!!!

See you in Oct.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Well, the bloke is a right handsome man  ;D

yeah... I know.... he'll blush when I tell him! :)

Lisa ..... thanks!  FAB to have you there (as always!) and Kathy's husband, Bob, is a hoot!  Gives great hugglez! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MLB57

Hi Everyone!!  :)

It's been a wonderful week for me!--My grandson, Matthew David, who will be two in May has a new baby brother-- Dylan Jacob was born April 17, 12:45 pm, 8 Lbs, 15 oz, 20 1/2 long--dark hair and eyes...  Momma and baby and famiy are all doing fine. So now I have two beautiful, healthy granchildren!!!  ;D

And I had my 1 1/2 year MRI scan April 21 at Mass General.  I saw Dr Loeffler about an hour after it was taken.. He immediately showed me the 2008 scan and the new one--what a difference!! My 2008 scan showed a big white spot w/dark spot inside, but this scan showed a small dark spot!  Dr Loeffler said it is looking good (as he expected) and I won't need another scan until 2 years from now.. He told me the 2008 scan tumor looked larger as it swelled up from the radiation. (I suspect in 2008 he didn't offer to show me that scan because of the swelling but he had 3 interns with him at my appointment and I actually forgot to ask to see it as he had told me everything looked fine--but this time he immediately showed me the scan without my asking).. When I had LINAC in Fall 2007 my AN had grown to approx 1 cm again (orig surgery in 2001 for 1 cm rt AN). Dr Loeffler said it now looks to be about 8mm.   ;D

I wanted to share this with everyone--my good response from my radiation treatment is reason to celebrate for everyone who has had or is thinking of choosing radiation to combat their AN... So far so good. And having previous surgery that didn't get it all I am so thankful this is working... 

Take care everyone,  ;D

Regards, Mary (aka Grammy/Mary, who is not "Mimi" to grandson Matthew)...

PS--I have posted this under Radiation as well..
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Mary ~

Congratulations on your newest grandson, Dylan Jacob, and your great MRI results!  You're a veritable champion for post-surgery radiation treatment.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MLB57

:D  Thanks Jan and Jim!!!

I'm sorry I missed the brunch but my son and wife were having my grandson #2... Really looking forward to this Fall's Dumplin' gang get-together...

Yes, let's hope we all can be fortunate to experience positive results with radiation therapy!!! 

Best always,

Mary (aka "Mimi")    ;D

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Sorry I missed out as well.

Nice pictures and everybody looks very healthy!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Keri

oh, it was so nice looking at the pictures. so glad ernie could make it from FL.
i hope i can come again someday (got to get hubby to Boston qualify again)!!
i think it's great you had round, smaller tables. last year, with the larger tables, i remember talking to nancy and all i could say was, 'Huh? What?'  there were quite a few of us right out of surgery last year.
phyl, about two pictures before 'you and da bloke' there's a picture with 3 people - the man and wife (he has on a white sweater) and another person. who are they? i met them last year and they were so nice, but i don't remember who they are on the forum.
also, no baby this year : (   !!  i guess the baby (forgot her name) may not sleep so much like she did last year!

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Don't know the man in the white sweater, or his wife, but if the baby in question is Katie Bonner's, I think her name is Audrey.

Jan