Author Topic: Calling on all Atlanta AN'ers!!!!  (Read 14705 times)

cindyj

Re: Calling on all Atlanta AN'ers!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 02:42:10 pm »
I'm not familiar w/ that area either...I stick to things around 400 usually.  I used to live over in the 85/Jimmy Carter area, but it's been many years.  But, I can find any place you choose - just let me know.  Or, if you think that's the area you want to go to, I could make some inquiries and figure out a place. 

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 02:53:47 pm »
cindy, I know 400 VERY well.  I use to live at exit 6-Northridge and exit 7 - Holcombe Bridge :)  Ok, if we stick with 400, how about up towards Mansell?  I know there are many free-standing restaurants there near the mall.... I know my fam, on occassion, goes to (oh, lordy, help me remember on this...) ... is it Charley's or sumthing like that?

I will be staying off Old Alabama in Roswell, so for me to get to Mansell is nothing. Piece o' chocolate cake :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 08:30:58 pm »
...O'Charley's maybe?  Great rolls!!!  Probably some good chocolate cake also.  There are many choices around Mansell - the mall is right there.  If you want to wait til you get here to decide, that's fine w/ me.  Maybe some others will respond by then... 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 09:14:13 am »
Cindy,

that's the place! :)  I know it well... have been there numerous times with the fam.  Works for me if it works for you.... just let me know.

Also want everyone to know that I have heard from Bruce (Brucifer).  He's doing great! Just had MRI follow up with Dr. Maddox, minimal growth/stabilized so still in watch/wait mode... more minor hearing loss but overall, feeling good... and his studies are going great!  He is joking about having a 4.0 GPA in light of having a brain booger!  Hoping he can join us for the lunch as well.... will advise as I hear back from him. He wanted to send everyone his best wishes! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 10:13:38 am »
Ok, sounds good!

Hope Bruce can make it - I am leaning toward going w/ Dr. Maddox for treatment in the Fall...but don't hold me to that as I continue to change my mind about things.  Actually, all I'm thinking about right now is whether my son is going to graduate next week or not - it is very tight and could really go either way right now.  We are on pins and needles til we know for sure.  Keep your fingers crossed for me...I mean him.

Cindy
feeling great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 02:19:16 pm »
Phyl -

thanks for the update on Brucifer.  It sounds like he's doing great.

Jan, the hijacking wench  ;)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 08:40:24 pm »
UMMM............   ***sneaks in from hiding*****

Phyl,  If you locate that Brucifier,  give him big huggles form me.  Tell him I want to know if the choir is still singing in his head.
( I snuck out about the same time he did  :o)

HUGS

Patti UT

*** sneaks back into hiding****
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 12:47:51 pm »
Tell Bruce I'm sending him the best wishes from Ont.  You can give him a hug and kiss for me if you see him.  I am so happy about his 4.0 GPA.  Way to go!!!! 

Gosh I miss his insight.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 05:17:43 am »
Many of us do, AnneMarie... and will be glad to send along everyone's wishes. Will speak to him again to see if I can lock in him on meeting... I know, based on what he has shared, that his schedule is tight..... but I'm gonna wrangle that fella' in for a meet.

Patty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You snuck in!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*  :-*

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 06:18:26 am »
Planning a trip to Atlanta this summer ...girls want to go to Six Flags and Atlanta is closest... but that
week is Girl Scout Day Camp and being the director, it  would be hard to skip out ...I would have to move
afterward or be hunted down , tarred and feathered and shipped to Timbuktu ...

Hope you all have a good meet up ...

Woooooooooo Hoooooooooooo for Brucifers 4.0
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

cindyj

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 06:32:22 am »
Hi Soundy,

Sorry you won't be able to join us that week in Atlanta, but hope you have a great time when you do come - I haven't been to Six Flags in years...

Noticed in your info line that your AN was very small when discovered, but pretty large once you had your surgery last year...that was a lot of growth!  Just curious about it as I'm considering just watching mine for awhile.  Did you have annual MRI's?  Did it grow very quickly that last year?  You may not know for sure, but thank for any info you can give.  Guess I could go look up your posts here from that time...feeling lazy, though.

Cindy
feeling great!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 10:07:46 pm »
Haven't been to Six Flags since early 90's when my sons were early teens ...

I watched and waited and it showed almost no growth from discovery til October 2006... was getting MRIs
every 6 month and in October 2006 he had put me on a yearly MRI schedule... but in April I was hearing
less and wobbling more and had the MRI which showed monster growth...

I had been having hormone problems and ended up with a hysterectomy in March last year due to excessive
bleeding brought on by wacky hormones ... surgeon and ENT think there may have been a connection in
hormone surges and rapid growth but can't 100% prove it ... other wise I would have happily continued
watching and waiting

I just had an MRI today and showed no sign of any regrowth ... did turn up interesting reason for loss of
hearing in good ear ... update on calaner thread... or maybe in hearing issues ... or both ... or none cause
I am tired and it has taking me 10 minutes to type this and I am making myself nuts correcting myself...   :o
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 05:49:32 am »
all the years I lived in ATL and never went to Six Flags!  Like living here in Boston... we try to avoid the tourist traps! :)

Ok, will phone Bruce to get the lowdown if he can join us or not.... will advise.

Now, I know there are other Atlanta AN'ers.... come out, come out, whereever you are..........

Phyl

cindyj

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 07:22:50 am »
Congrats on your no regrowth, Soundy!  And thanks for the info on your AN history - interesting about the possible hormone link.  I myself may be heading for a hysterectomy - D&C next week to determine my problem...

Will look for your explanation about your hearing loss in the other ear...once you've rested.

Phyl, know what you mean - lived here 25 years and never been to Coca Cola World, CNN, Aquarium, etc. 

I'll keep an eye out for local AN'ers and try to rope them in for our lunch.

feeling great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 12:46:12 pm »
cindy,

since I'm now on short term hiatus (http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=6534.new#new), please PM me here so we can talk details of our lunch! also will call Bruce to get the lowdown if he can make it or not.  I will get a notification that you are trying to reach me... pls let me know internet email address in your PM/email to me so I can follow up with you.  REALLY looking forward to meeting you! :)

Phyl