Author Topic: Do you mix up words?  (Read 14811 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Do you mix up words?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 07:44:02 pm »
I totally understand. I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one. I was always wondering why I would be talking and suddenly I would stop...(as the person is starring at me waiting for me to finish my story) & I would look at the person with a blank stare because I had forgotten what I was saying. LOL. I also have a problem typing. I used to be a very quick typer but now I transpose letters & I cant spel worth a darn anymore. Please forgive my spelling.  :D
As for speech...I jumble my words. I used to be a quick with the tongue.....NOT ANYMORE!!!!!! People who dont understand or know me might think I have a speech impediment.....SPELLING......ARGHHHHHH......
Us AN'er......we understand eachother.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Charlotte Lady

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 10:21:53 am »
I mixed up words before the surgery.  Now I just blame it on "the little piece of brain that musta been stuck to the tumor when they removed it".   I plan to blame everything on the little piece.  I wonder how long I can use that as an excuse?
I find myself way more forgetful than I used to be.   I now make lists of chores I want to do the next day.  Otherwise I forget to do them.  Hmm...that may not be accidental ;)

Donna
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.

Static

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2007, 05:56:35 pm »
OMG, Matti, I do that all the time and feel exactly the same, like a complete and total idiot.  Simple words like that just won't come to me when they were just an instant ago.  I am really sick and tired of it and when I try and tell my husband these things, he thinks I'm over exaggerating it.  I feel so frustrated and am left to just go on and deal with it.  Nobody seems to understand.  Then if I try to say how I get fatigued alot, he thinks I make that up too, but it's ok for him to sit on the couch at any given time during the day and fall asleep after about 2 minutes but if I say anything to him I get "I'm tired", and that's ok, he's allowed, because I'll run around and do everything so he can sleep.  He doesn't get it that even though my surgery has been a long time ago, I'm still having trouble.  I just want to smack him sometimes.  Ok, so maybe I should have put this one in the vent thread!  :-\ 
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

er

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 01:37:06 am »
Hello Static,
I am also one that try’s to please my husband but that's my Spaniard background.
When I do things like that my husband says what are you trying to tell me so he repeats what I said and it is nothing I wanted to say.
What is the cause I do not know?
But my husband is very understanding, when I'm tired he allows me to sleep like tonight I came home from my son's for thanksgiving I slept for 5 hours on the coach and he kept the football game very low so it would not disturb me .My sons wonderful wife has made dinner for the past couple of years since I have had surgery because it is to much for me.
eve

Sheryl

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2007, 02:47:43 pm »
I was mixing up words before diagnosis of my 9th cranial nerve schwannoma and my husband was also before his diagnosis of a meningioma.  After talking to our neurologists (we go to different ones), they both concurred that happens when you have lots on your mind.  Hey, we've caught so many people doing it now that we actually pay attention - especially people on the news/weather on T.V.  We are in Florida and one (young) meteorologist said that we are about to enter the rainy season!!!  Hubby and I both looked at each other as this is the start of the dry season. 
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Static

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2007, 08:45:08 pm »
What about when you don't have anything at all on your mind and you still can't think of what you are saying anyway?  Like when you know what you want to say, but the word is lost, it's a simple word, but it's just not there, not a hard or uncommon word, an everyday word that gets lost somewhere between your brain and your mouth, several times daily.  It's not the same as when I used to forget things before surgery, it's different.  I can't explain it, it's just different.
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

lori67

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2007, 10:08:57 pm »
Karen, I know what you mean.  It is hard to explain to other people.  I can be in the middle of a casual conversation, not really worried about anything in particular, when half way thourgh the sentence, the word just won't come out.  And sometimes if it does, it isn't even the right word.

Very frustrating!!
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 01:06:55 pm »
What about when you don't have anything at all on your mind and you still can't think of what you are saying anyway?  Like when you know what you want to say, but the word is lost, it's a simple word, but it's just not there, not a hard or uncommon word, an everyday word that gets lost somewhere between your brain and your mouth, several times daily.  It's not the same as when I used to forget things before surgery, it's different.  I can't explain it, it's just different.
~Karen

that is how I feel ...different... I would occasionally forget something or a word pre-surgery but
now it is a daily thing and totally different... and I still stick refrigerator in alot of sentences... and I
will start out talking about the price of eggs in China and somewhere along the way end up talking
about shoes or kids or anything except for original topic... maddening...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

kristin

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 07:15:09 pm »
I felt so awful Monday...we were decorating the Christmas tree and I asked my daughter to move the ??..uh......move the ??....ugh..what the heck!? Pointing and blabbing "Just move it!" She's only 8 and didn't know what I wanted moved and neither did I apparently until after she ran from the room crying "Mommy, I don't know what you want me to move!" did I remember it was called a vacuum. :( So sad.

Kristin
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Pembo

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2007, 01:34:11 pm »
Oh Kristin...my heart goes out to you. I hate when my problem transfers to my kids.

I started this thread and I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my word problems. I'm learning to slow down, think about what I want to say, and hope for the best.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006