Author Topic: One for the Birds...  (Read 14730 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: One for the Birds...
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 02:53:25 pm »
Bruce, I do hope you are wrong... but based on the past 2 hrs that I have been monitoring, I have a sneaky feeling you are (unfortunately) right  :'(  If this is to be the case, my hope is that the twins will soar together higher than their wings would normally take them... and.... I thank you for sharing this bit of your world (and their's) with us... as you can tell, they have certainly earned a placed in my heart.....

*walks away with single tear running down face* :'(

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

BeJoi

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 04:11:59 pm »
Thanks Bruce.  I can stop obsessively watching the nest now, which I, like everyone else, have been doing for about 2 weeks now.  It's so sad, but I know this is a very common experience in nature and I'm still very grateful to have witnessed the whole miracle of it.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity and doing it with such a big heart.

Beverly

Obita

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 05:06:43 pm »
I am so sorry Bruce.  I know it has to be so disappointing after all the work you put into the webcam.  I must say, it was the best view I have ever seen from a webcam.  The picture was so clear.

Such is nature.  My dog would catch rabbits monthly.  I couldn't get mad at her, she was a golden retriever.  It is what they do.

If anyone wants to see a few bald eagles fledge, gennysmom gave me this link a few months ago:  http://wdfw.wa.gov/wildwatch/eaglecam/index.html  The eaglets hatched about May 1.  They are starting to get very restless and you can catch them flapping their wings often.  The Kent nest has two eaglets. The Puget Sound nest has one.  There was another egg in the Puget Sound nest that never hatched.  The egg finally disappeared last week.

Have a good week everyone and again, thank you Bruce. 

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

linnilue

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2007, 05:17:43 pm »
OMG...I just went to the website because I had been busy all day and I am so sad.  My mother will be too since she staarted viewing on Saturday.  What a shame, but it was a wonderful treat, honestly.  My husband and I live in Vermont and we feed the birds all year and watch them out our kitchen window.  I have to say we were captured by that webcam of yours and watched it at great length.  We are looking forward to the new hummingbirdcam. 
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

Desilu

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 05:31:10 pm »
Hi Bruce,

Thanks again for all that you have done. I along with everyone else have enjoyed watching "your" Cardinals. Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Shrnwldr

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2007, 07:50:33 pm »
Bruce,
I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you.  It was such a treat to wake up every morning and log in so I could see how the birds are doing.  Thank you for sharing this event with us. While the outcome was not what I was hoping for I know that the little ones are safe now.  Mother Nature can, at times, be cruel.
Thank you ~ Sharon
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2007, 02:00:07 pm »
Bruce,
Thanks so much for the life lesson of never expecting things to turn out the way we want.  Which is why we are all here in the first place.  It was a real treat.  I guess the reason we were all so fascinated is that none of us passes up an opportunity to celebrate life in any way shape or form anymore. We all know there are lots of other brain tumors out there that many folks don't get to survive.

Thanks also for the opportunity to save on my sugar bill.  My hummies go through a full feeder every three days.

Obita--the eagle cam is AWESOME!!!! Thanks to Gennysmom for sending it to ya.  I watched a Mama (or Papa--are the females really different like the cardinals?) feeding it's baby today.  They are officially off the endangered species list as of this week thanks to folks like Kathleen.

Peace

Capt Deb8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2007, 02:10:02 pm »
Thanks from me, too, Bruce for the webcam and the opportunity to see the nest. I did learn something, because I didn't know that Jays would do that.  We don't have Cardinals here in the West, so I was looking forward to seeing more of them...but.

Anyway...maybe next year!  Or do they have another try at a new family this year.  Anyone...anyone?

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode