Author Topic: One for the Birds...  (Read 14733 times)

brucifer

One for the Birds...
« on: June 16, 2007, 12:50:29 pm »
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 04:28:28 am by brucifer »

Battyp

Re: One for the Birds...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:09:54 pm »
cool can't wait to visit while its operating...

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 05:26:38 am »
Very cool Bruce, I will be keeping a watch out for the big hatch!  What fun and talent you have!

Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

matti

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 09:02:24 am »
how awesome is that!!!!   

2 weeks ago I watched as a blue Jay painstakingly built her nest close to my dining room windows. It was so amazing to watch, but sadly a few hours later it was destroyed. Squirrels >:(

Bruce, thank you for sharing this with us!

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:08:48 am »
Hi Bruce,

What a great idea! I'm from Indiana, and the Cardinal is our state bird. It makes it even more exciting! I hope they hatch?  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

cookiesecond

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:29:50 am »
Hi Bruce,
Thanks for sharing with us.
Have a great week,
Lynn

Boppie

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 12:49:28 pm »
How much fun can you have?  Today at 1:45 CT the Cardinal arranged the eggs and sat down into the nest.  Thank you so much, Bruce.

BeJoi

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 12:55:49 pm »
Hi Bruce,

I'm really enjoying watching the cardinal.  Yesterday, the nest was empty for the time I was viewing, but today I got to see the bird in the nest and watched her fly away.  I called my son up and he watched it with me.  Thanks for posting it. 

By the way, I'm starting my 28 day FSR tomorrow.  I feel good about the choice and the team that's working with me at Piedmont.  Crocker actually was there last week, and my file just happened to be on the radiologist's desk.  He consulted with him on the treatment plan.  What a wonderfully synchronistic experience.

The tumor is very close to the brain stem, but there also seems to be an area of necrosis already located in the center of the tumor.  It's so hard to tell on an MRI what you're looking at, but it looks like a dark hole on the films.  I'm taking that as a promising sign. 

Beverly

Cheryl R

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 03:27:05 pm »
Ms Cardinal is fun to watch.         I decided to try to get the website without going thru the AN site and discovered that if you forget the s on camstreams you get females of a much different nature.  My oh my!               I also put in www but found you don't need that either, just the http.                      We feed several types of birds as live in the country so am looking forward to the babies.             I am glad you shared the site to your fellow ANers.
                                                Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 02:55:02 pm »
This is totally cool! I watched the mama bird today and can't wait for the babies to hatch.  I had wrens build a nest in my little greenhouse on a shelf behind the fertilizer and I had to wait for them to fledge before I could Miracle-Gro. I would sneek in and peek at them while mamabird went for food. I was really fun.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Desilu

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 05:44:56 pm »
Hi Bruce,

Momma Cardinal is just too cute. I catch myself turning on the computer a couple of times a day just to watch her. She was gone for a while earlier in the afternoon and I was worried that she wasn't coming back. But I just checked the webcam and there she is, doing what moms do best, taking care of the little ones! Thanks again! Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Sheryl

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 07:08:02 pm »
WOW - this is what we do while we "wait and watch"!!  Discovered this at 9:07 p.m. EST - can't wait to check in in the morning.  Thanks for setting it up and letting us all enjoy.
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Boppie

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 07:45:47 pm »
My daughter is stuck at home today with an evil Rotavirus.  We enjoyed watching Momma, together!  Thanks again, for such a beautiful post, Bruce.

Sheryl

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 08:23:51 am »
WOW - got to see mommy - what a great idea and thank you so much Bruce for doing this - I still am amazed at fax machines let alone something like this!!
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 08:50:11 am »
OMG! too kewl! :) Thanks Bruce for sharing this... currently 10:50am EST and momma is in her nest and her eyes are heavy.... looks like she is debating to sleep or not... what a fab webcam shot!  such inner peace it brings as I watch it... during my very stressful day at work.

Thanks again Bruce (and Sheryl for giving me a heads up on this!  :-* )

Back to hiatus!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"