Author Topic: Let it Snow!!  (Read 14511 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Let it Snow!!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 04:14:47 pm »
we missed all last week and went in late Tuesday ...all day Wednesday and a storm blew in yesterday
that shut us down early to give buses  time to get everyone home safely ... no school today ... the kids have
only been 4 full days and 3 partial days since Christmas break ended ...what scares me is that we don't
miss for snow in a normal year ... we miss for spring flooding ... we usually miss 4 or 5 days during late February
into March ...

we tied water heater pans ( they were the closet thing to sleds Home Depot had) to the truck and whirled around
the hay field ... took a spill that sent me rolling about 25 feet or so ...Bo says 20 feet the girls say 50 ... the video is cool ...
I never lost grip on the camera and you see legs , snow sky legs snow sky over and over 4 or 5 times ... I lay on back
laughing and Bo thought I was crying ... he came to my rescue and almost killed me trying to not fall and pick me up...made
him go away so I could crawl back to my sled to go again ...had a blast but paid for it later with head ache ... then being a slow
learner went out and did it again the next day ... I think I am too old and wonky headed to be towed through snow at 20 MPH
which Bo says was his top speed even though we think he may have hit 50 ... I figured since last time we got a good snow was
about 20 years ago I better get all the sledding in I could ... I figure I will be too old in 20 years to even think about it
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 04:49:01 pm »
OMGoodness!  I would have been right there with you - sounds like a BLAST!!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 06:25:58 pm »
If I see any more white crap fall from the skies in the next week, I'm packing up and moving to a beach in Hawaii.... another 7" of the "Splenda", total (locally) over 47" in the past 3 wks (I know, I know... for those of you in Upstate NY, it just doesn't compare......), but I've had it!  >:(  >:(

Bring on Summer!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 08:12:09 pm »
Not much snow here lately - at least not by Chicago standards. 

Bitter cold this morning though. 

I'd much rather have snow. 

Well, maybe not over 47"of it :o

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 10:17:53 pm »
No snow here...Phyl, wanta trade places?? ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 06:41:48 am »
This am's news is reporting "officially" 49" in the past 3 wks.... and yes, K, I'll trade! Although I hear Hawaii is truly wonderful this time of year! :)

Jan, that bitterness is working in as of tonight until Tuesday.....sub-zero heading our way... first time since 2006...... me thinks we need to do an AntiFreeze Auto check on all cars....

Calgon, take me awayyyyyyyyyy........   (for the old-age crowd that remember that one! >:D )

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 08:08:28 am »
If I see any more white crap fall from the skies in the next week, I'm packing up and moving to a beach in Hawaii.... another 7" of the "Splenda", total (locally) over 47" in the past 3 wks (I know, I know... for those of you in Upstate NY, it just doesn't compare......), but I've had it!  >:(  >:(

Bring on Summer!

I'm right there with you.  Being a transplant to AZ from Phoenix, I'm still not used to the white stuff and I don't like it.  Counting down the days to my trip to AZ in April!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

suboo73

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 05:25:56 am »
Not much snow here lately - at least not by Chicago standards. 
Bitter cold this morning though. 
I'd much rather have snow. 
Well, maybe not over 47"of it :o
Jan 

I am listening to the weather report this morning and saying OM Gosh - look what's coming!
Jan - i see blizzard warnings up in the Chicago area - be careful out there!!

Unfortunately, we are predicted to get mostly freezing rain in the northern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
I would rather have the snow - at least you can move it and get going again!
Believe it or not, there are folks in MD STILL without power after last week's snow storm!
We had 10 inches of snow last week, that was enough for me. 

Where is Spring? 

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 05:57:10 am »
Yeah, I think they're predicting the biggest snow storm in Chicago history.  Supposed to be 2-4" this evening and approximately 20 more between Tuesday and Wednesday.

Oh course the kids are excited by the prospect of no school - in fact they're expecting it.  Me, I'm just rolling my eyes  ::)

We're supposed to be moving in a week or so, so I'm hoping it's all cleaned up by then.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Cheryl R

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 08:29:29 am »
I thought of you Jan when our news last night told us of the amt Chicago is supposed to get.        We're getting alot too but not quite that much here.              I am taking my mother in law to the grocery store this am and bet we're not the only ones there!
  We're both out in the country and she is just getting over pneumonia so first time out in a while.   
                                                                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

keithk

• Cochlear Awareness Volunteer (Chapter Leader)
    • Retrosigmoid Surgery
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:58 am »
Here in Milwaukee we are forecasted to get around 18" by Wednesday night. What timing, I have an appointment tomorrow to be switched on. I will walk in knee deep snow to be switched on. After all I walked in knee deep snow to school when I was a kid so it is no big deal.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:27:52 am by keithk »
AN surgery 8/19/10, 9.5 hrs
8mm x 5mm left side
Retrosigmoid, Drs Reichert & Harvey
Severe hearing loss in the left ear before surgery. SSD after surgery. Balance issues. Tinnitus (mild). Buzzing in left ear.
BAHA implant surgery 11/17/10
BAHA activation 2/1/11

cindyj

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 10:00:18 am »
Sorry about all this, my northern friends...here in Atl yesterday, we had 68 and beautiful!  Come on down! 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

suboo73

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 02:16:28 pm »
KeithK - hope the snow doesn't stop your appointment!

Cindy - be careful what you wish for, as i am ready to start checking flights to Atlanta!

Jan - i imagine that all the snow will be out of the way before you have to move. 

Everyone - be careful out there!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 02:50:39 pm »
So sorry that Old Man Winter has had it's way with most of the Eastern half of the US lately.  wow!  Remarkable.  I am very grateful that I live here, at the moment.  High overcast, a few sprinkles and a dry week with sun and east winds in our forecast.  Hawaii has had a lot of wet weather this year, so it might not be as heavenly as you think it might be....but it certainly would be better than what's heading your way.   8) :o

Batten down the hatches and stock up on food!!

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

rupert

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:06 pm »

Well Phyl,    Were working on 200 inches so far in these parts.    Our record is 320.    I'm sure some people out west can top that easily though.

Oh well,   time to get the snowblower out again ( for the 100th time ).