Author Topic: NE ANA Forum Gang Brunch at Maxwell's - Sunday, May 4, 2008  (Read 60265 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: NE ANA Forum Gang Pre-holiday Brunch at Maxwell's - Sunday, May 4, 2008
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2008, 06:06:54 am »
Hey Phyl~
Want to swing by & pick me up too??   ;D
Do you think that would be out of your way?????????
K

hun, you pay for the gasoline, I'll be there! :)  No  worries! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2008, 06:15:01 am »
Phyl~
If you could ever find the time to get here - I WOULD pay for the gas..& the lodging (my House)...& food...I'M SERIOUS!!

Have a good day!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2008, 06:16:55 am »
Phyl~
If you could ever find the time to get here - I WOULD pay for the gas..& the lodging (my House)...& food...I'M SERIOUS!!

Have a good day!!

K
I know you are... I know  :-*  Never say never when it comes to me.... I may show up, knocking on the door, saying "let me in! lemme in!" ;) Maybe next yr at the Symposium in Chicago... I WILL be there... already discussed and planned
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2008, 04:10:37 pm »
joef- joe
elliemae- elaine
crazycat- paul
krbonner- katie
mlb57- mary
ppearl214- none other (with CB,tenatively)
yoga52smh- sue
tsl- teresa
Linda/Tom (tentative, from WTT list in Enfield, CT)
Kathy/Bob MacDonald (from WTT list in Bedford, MA) (Kathy is on this site as KMacDonald)
Jim/Tina Scott (YAY! Finally!!!!!!!!!!)

(look at all the spouses in attendance! YAY!)

Phyl
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 04:20:12 pm by ppearl214 »

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Re: NE ANA Forum Gang Brunch at Maxwell's - Sunday, May 4, 2008
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2008, 04:53:27 pm »
May 4th and still holding!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2008, 08:04:06 am »
 :( somethings come up .. and I wont be able to attend the lunch !  :( I'm sorry ... 

Phyl ... you can have my dumplings... and my bloody mary...  :o  :o  :o
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2008, 08:35:35 am »
:( somethings come up .. and I wont be able to attend the lunch !  :( I'm sorry ... 

Phyl ... you can have my dumplings... and my bloody mary...  :o  :o  :o

You're going fishin' again, aren't you!?!?!?!?!   :o  :o  :o

Ok, folks, spoke to Maxwell's and we are confirmed for the boardroom again (immediately on the right when you get off the elevators, for those that haven't attended before).  All set for 11:30am.  Jane, fab job hun! Thank you! xoxooxoxoxo

FYI, Trish Butler from the ANA Metro Boston Support Group can't join us for this one, but she does have a support group meeting for Saturday, May 10 in Waltham.  Just wanted to note it as it was a genuine pleasure to have her join us last time for the brunch (once she arrived! GPS'... go figure!)... and want to show her our support as well for her ANA meetings.  I'll be there and hope you can join as well. Info available for those that want to attend.

Updated Brunch attendees (minus the one going fishin... AGAIN!) ;)

elliemae- elaine
crazycat- paul
krbonner- katie
mlb57- mary
ppearl214- Phyl and yes, the CB, Iain (confirmed, as of now, he is coming along)
yoga52smh- sue
tsl- teresa
Kathy/Bob MacDonald (from WTT list in Bedford, MA) (Kathy is on this site as KMacDonald)

any others?  Need final headcount by this Friday, May 2.  Kaybo and all.... will have too many dumplin's in your honor...

Phyl

MLB57

« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2008, 10:16:50 am »
 ;D I'm counting the days!! 

See ya all soon!!  Regards, Mary  ::)
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2008, 08:35:13 pm »
same here Mary! :) Trying to figure out which pair of elastic waistband slacks I'm going to wear.

FYI all... deadline to join or send regrets is this Friday, May 2, so I can give Gil (my fave Brazilian nut) the dumplin headcount! :D

CrazyRockerDude, Paul, will see you at 10am at B/N, in front. Will have the bloke with me.

Phyl

tsl

« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2008, 11:26:56 am »
Looking forward to Seeing everyone on Sunday.  I didn't see Jane's name on the list.  Will she be coming?
Take care,
Theresa (tsl)
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2008, 01:10:18 pm »
Theresa  :-*

I spoke to Jane on the phone the other day and her attendance is questionable.  I certainly hope she is able to make it.

Ok, today is deadline all... any changes, pls advise asap.

For those of you that may have last minute issues and need to reach me, I have 2 mobile phones numbers available for you to reach me, if need be.....pls email/PM if you need the number(s).

*runs off to decide which MuMu to wear to accommodate all the food and dumplins*
Phyl

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2008, 03:11:41 pm »
Phyl:

Tina and I are all set to go for Sunday (4th).  Hope the weather holds out and we just get showers, not rain.  The directions supplied on the Maxwell's website look pretty simple.  Besides, Tina is a great 'navigator' so who needs GPS? 

I assume the host or hostess will direct us to 'the boardroom' or there willl be a sign, but I know it's 'immediately on the right as you get off the elevator', as you noted in a prior post.  Thanks.  I would hate to be hungry and lost in a restaurant.  :)

Looking forward to  enjoying the food and the company.

Jim (and Tina)
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2008, 06:43:27 pm »

Jeez.. the one brunch I'm gonna miss and Jim with be there !  >:( sorry I'm gonna miss ya .... have a good time!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2008, 11:32:11 am »
Just wanted to say to the members of the NE ANA Forum Gang - have a fantastic brunch tomorrow.

I am so jealous that I cannot join you.

I definitely think the Chicago area members need to work on something like this; it sounds like it will be a great time!

Someone have a dumpling and a bloody Mary in my honor!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2008, 07:13:50 pm »
Jan, will do. :)

Jim, trust me, you can't miss the boardroom on the right the second you get off the elevator. First door on the right. Bill (our "other' bloke) is our host and should be there tomorrow when you arrive.  If need be, send me PM and I'll send you my mobile phone number just in case you all are running late or anything comes up. Can't wait to FINALLY meet you!

As for everyone else, I show the list as follows... and really looking forward to seeing everyone!  I'll check here again before I leave the house in the am just in case there are any updates.

elliemae- elaine
crazycat- paul
krbonner- katie
mlb57- mary
ppearl214- Phyl and yes, the CB, Iain (confirmed, as of now, he is coming along)
yoga52smh- sue
tsl- teresa

Phyl