Author Topic: Best Way to end a work week......  (Read 5270 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Best Way to end a work week......
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 08:35:39 am »
... will be sitting at my desk, in my chair, indian-style, to keep me feet off the floor, thankyouverymuch!

Phyl

Of course, mice can climb up vertical surfaces, so this won't help. Sorry, Phyl!

The thing I find most gross about mice is that they can squeeze through a hole the diameter of your pinkie.

I'm going to be very nice to my kitty today, to thank her for keeping those nasty critters out of my house.

Speaking of kitties, have you ever seen this series on YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/mr72g8

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 08:52:06 am »
Oh Pearly Whites- our resident “city slickerâ€?,  ;D

So sorry to hear of your absolutely ghastly experience.... How frightfully dreadful for you- daarlings.  ;)

Does this mean that when you come to Oregon you don’t want the guest suite on our farm, to stay in, after all?  ???

The kids are always bringing in snakes, salamanders… even the cat brings home surprises for us- on occasion. My husband had to show off the gopher he got in his trap… last weekend. He was SOOH proud of his catch. ::)  (Blim’n overgrown rodent was eating me veggie garden!  >:( EE Gads!)

And I was so looking forward to having you (and the bloke) to visit: watch the sunrise up over Mount Hood and the sun set on the coastal range (Much more spectacular than the Moors of Devon)… and feeding you tea, crumpets, marmite, bevies and bickies… hot toddies around our campfire…

Oh well …
I do believe it is time for you to curl up: sip a lovely spot of hot tea; dip some bickies in the bevie (my Grandmother, God rest her soul, was always appalled when I dunked bickies in the cup & saucer and exclaimed to me "Oh goodnes gracious me- how uncouth!"   :D ;)) and read:

The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse – retold and illustrated by Helene Craig

http://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Country-country-mouse-stories/dp/0744572231/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245076151&sr=1-1

Ta ta for now pet. Squeak! :D

Toodles,  ;)

Daisy Head Mazy  ;D

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 09:16:06 am »

Speaking of kitties, have you ever seen this series on YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/mr72g8

That was a great video.  :D
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 09:51:17 am »
thanks sara for the reminder that they can still "climb".... remind me to lovingly smack you for that reminder! :D  oy......

Oh, me daizy hazy mazy.... trust me, if I/we get out that way.....  "furry tail tree rodents are fine" as the Queenie Beanie loves to chase them.... chipmunks work fine as well.... but as for field variety that is hanging in me office.... um..... nothankyou!!!!!!  The books sounds great!  Will have to take a look with a "cuppa" and maybe some Jaffa cakes or Cadbury to help the cause! ;)  xoxo

Got email from prop mgt (about dang time!)... exterminator to show up in the office today.

I am SO grossing out from this!  Yep, the city slicker who lives in suburbia that just dont do the field variety.  Ew! :)

Phyl :)

(sara, will watch the video from home 'puter... can't do it from my work laptop)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 10:55:02 am »
Cadbury

Pearly,

Here is a little feast for your eyes ... while at work... craving...

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/cadburyandchocolate/Pages/cadburyandchocolate.aspx

Don't leave any crumbs- you will attract more mice... :D

Cheers,

DHM

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 07:18:46 am »
oy, hazy mazy daisy!   :P  fat-ten-ing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update... it still lives  :o. Was just in the kitchen for morning coffee..... came running out from under the fridge, into our supply room and then ....into the main hallway leading to all offices. I'm sitting at my desk, indian-style, watching my office doorway like a hawk.....  bait traps set by exterminator..... as much as I love animals..... ew!

Oy.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 07:39:31 am »
PHYL~
I thought of you last night when Dave & I actually went to the movies (making the most of NO KIDS) and at one point in the movie there was a rat and I IMMEDIATELY put my feet up on the chair in front of me.  Good thing that there was no one sitting there!!

Hope you catch it soon - I know I wouldn't get any work done!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

tenai98

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 09:06:34 am »
Kaybo,
Hope it wasnt the Ratatoullie movie or your feet would have been up the whole time as the main character is a RAT....hehehe
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Kaybo

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 09:09:36 am »
Ha, Ha!  No, it was The Taking of Pelham 123!!  Great movie but way overused the "F bomb" - even for that type of situation!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 06:40:19 pm »
Kaybo,
Hope it wasnt the Ratatoullie movie or your feet would have been up the whole time as the main character is a RAT....hehehe
JO ;D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That was a hilarious comeback!  :D Too funny you ANA folks are... you keep me laughing...

DHM