Author Topic: this week (6/14) in the fantasktic, asome, grat wk of AN  (Read 2703 times)

Keri

this week (6/14) in the fantasktic, asome, grat wk of AN
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:57:09 pm »
A couple of weeks ago my music group/band "Alternate Melody" played at a chapel at an elementary school. We all received cute thank you notes and drawings of ourselves from the kids. We got compliments like 'your giutar playing was butyful' and 'your song is prfiket and good'. A very nice kid told me 'you do the piano grat. you are the gratet at everything you do!' So this week, I used their adjectives because they were encouraging and fun.

Here's what's up (as usual, feel free to add anything if I've missed something):
Monday:
Pam's surgery (Bsharpintexas). I'm not sure where Pam is or what type of surgery. Her husband has posted some on her behalf. Best wishes and prayers to both of you.

Follow up MRI's  for Susan MKLady and CIN605. I hope all is well and clear and restful and peaceful in the tube.

Tuesday:
Happy One year anniversary (retro) to Syl. She has a thread on this in AN Issues "Syl's 1 yr anniv"

Wednesday:
the day he's been waiting for.... Bob's (stoneax) translab at Mass General. Bob has a really cool story of surfing from this past weekend (could some techy person post the link)?
Bob, we all wish you a speedy, good recovery (as Nancy would say 'You'll ROCK IT') and that you'll be able to do the big paddling event in August

Greg M is also having a big day Wednesday - he'll be having GK in Oregon. Greg, we wish you a good and complete recovery as well. Best wishes, peace and prayers to you and your wife and little son.

Thursday: nothing that I know of...

Friday: (not on calendar but from JB's update posts) JoeBloggs will have a follow up MRI and then consult which I believe will determine when she can go back to the UK (but it sounds like you're having so much fun in Australia!!) Let us know how it goes.

Jan has posted some for Lilan (surgery last week). I believe Lilan is expecting to email or post this week, when she feels up to it.

Have a fanasktic, grat week!

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: this week (6/14) in the fantasktic, asome, grat wk of AN
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:32:37 pm »
LOL...I was wondering if your keyboard was sticking or something.... ;D

Thanks Keri...I AM going to Rock it.

Hope everyone Rocks their surgery, radiosurgery, MRI's...the works. Recoveries are sure and swift and anniversaries are spent having fun.

Have a great week all.

Bob
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 12:28:58 am »
I can't believe you are up already, Bob. Very best wishes to you.

A special best wishes from Oregon for Greg. The weather forecast for Wednesday looks good - partly cloudy, of course, it is Oregon.

Also best wishes to Pam, and her husband. From the user name Bsharpintexas, I am guessing you're in Texas.

Hi to Susan MKLady and Cin605 and JB down under and Syl. And Keri, 2, u r doing grat.   ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:31:04 am by sgerrard »
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:23:22 am »
Best wishes to alll having surgery/radiosurgery this week.  May all of you visiting the Tube of Gloom get only good news.  Jo, I hope you're able to go home to the UK.  Syl -- Wishing you a very happy one year ANniversary!

Keri -- Thanks again for doing such a great job of keeping us updated!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Vivian B.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:30:46 am »
Good Luck to everybody and a speedy recovery.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:13 am »
wishing everyone speedy recoveries and wishes for continued wellness!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Keri

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:00 am »
... and we hope your mice go away, Phyl!
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

bsharpintexas

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:24:09 am »
Thx for the well wishes for Pam. The nurse checked in a couple hours ago and everything was going well.
FYI - We are in Dallas. Pam is having a Translab for a 3.6 cm AN.

Bryan

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:22:29 am »
Good luck to everyone, but I do not deserve the credit for "You're gonna ROCK it!"  That would be JoeBloggs, the little Tasmanian Devil.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 04:17:17 pm »
Keri ~

Children's phonetic spelling is cute - as long as they eventually learn how to spell correctly.  I'm a big fan of clear communication.  :)  Now, onto the subject at hand: 

I wish both Pam and Bob successful surgeries and Greg M a successful GK treatment - with no complications for anyone and speedy recoveries for all. 

May JoeBloggs, CIN605 and MKLady have uneventful MRI scans with positive outcomes for all 3. 

Happy 1-year surgery anniversary to our Syl.

Looking forward to seeing posts from Lilan any day now!

Thanks, Keri, for your continuing efforts in keeping us apprised of the week's 'AN events' and carrying on the 'weekly update' David started and that we've all become accustomed to seeing each week .  Good job!  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:47:23 pm »
Hope Pam, Bob, and Greg had/have successful surgeries and procedures this week.  We’ll continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Susan, CIN605, and JB we hope that you have (as they say) unremarkable MRI results, as Scarlett did last Friday ;D

Lilan, we hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Congratulations Syl on your 1 year Anniversary (today), and a clean MRI, keep them coming!

Hi David, hope everythings okay 8)

And Keri, thanx four do in sutch a grat job :D

Rich & Scarlett
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:53:12 pm by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

joebloggs

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 05:11:15 am »
Hi all,

I'm just thinking about packing my bags for my flight tomorrow to Melbourne for my scan on Friday - best wishes to everyone having surgery/scans/anniversaries... Rock it people, rock it!

xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!