Author Topic: Another newbie  (Read 10370 times)

sgerrard

Re: Another newbie
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 07:55:30 pm »
Yup, that is him. The pic is in Phyl's photo bucket album.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 08:07:45 pm »
Yup, that is him. The pic is in Phyl's photo bucket album.

Steve

this pic?

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 08:28:05 pm »
That's the one. Catherine has a great smile; Dr. Telian is on her left.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Cheryl R

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 07:21:26 am »
Dr Telian and Dr Thompson gave the hearing conservation after surgery Sun am and they seemed like very good with their surgeries.             They gave numbers and percentages of various results and do well.               Dr Thompson missed Sat as he was in Alaska and sone plane couldn't get them out of a certain area due to weather,so had a delayed return.                  I think I would choose them if was in their area.                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 07:28:34 am »
Yep.  That's him.

The gentleman on Catherine's right is Dr. John Ryzenman.  He did his fellowship at Northwestern University in Chicago and interned for a time at Ear Institute of Chicago with Drs. Wiet and Battista.  He's since moved on to Ohio.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 09:38:34 am »
Jan & Steve

I actually have an appt. with Dr. Telian this Friday.  I wonder if I should take a copy of the picture with me an ask him for an autograph  ;)

Next Friday I will be at Michigan Ear Institute, but I don't recall the name of the doc.  I also have been in contact with House in L.A. and will be calling Stanford this week re: CyberKnife.

BTW, I am still amazed at the amount of information available and level of caring at this forum!
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 01:08:44 pm »
Yes, we are an amazing group of people  - but then again I've found that most people with ANs are  ;D

I'm not sure it will get you any brownie points, but give my best to Dr. Telian. 

He'll probably have no clue who I am, so mention that we were together in the lunch line on Saturday and he asked me if the objects with the chicken were apples.  I informed him that no, they were potatoes.  I also pointed out that the small green things were peas - he said he already knew that.  Okay, so he'll probably remember me as somewhat of a smart ass  :D

Anyway, he seemed like a really nice guy and Dr. Wiet, who comes highly regarded in the world of ANs, said he's one of the best and that's a great endorsement.

I don't know many docs @ Michigan Ear, but in general they have a stellar reputation.  I've been told that MEI is 2nd in the AN surgical world, right behind HEI (House).  Dr. Chang @ Stanford definitely gets points for his CK work, so you can't go wrong there if that's the route you decide to go.

Good luck in making your decision (truthfully one of the hardest parts of the entire AN Journey)

Please keep us updated!

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 03:24:13 pm »
Jan...a smart ass??...I would NEVER know where anyone would get that idea... ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 04:59:45 pm »
Kay, are you replacing Lori this week? 

Your halo is slipping  ;) 

Now we'd both better stop hijacking this thread before Phyl finds us LOL  :D

Kaybo

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 05:06:43 pm »
*gasp!*

me? ....never...

K ::)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 06:32:08 pm »
*ahem*

back on topic folks. Thanks!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"